Rattle cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle cans

Can anyone suggest a good rattle can brand that I can use to spray my frame. Chasing a brand that will dry hard and not chip off easily from normal road use. Have used generic brand from AutoOne in the past but seems to chip off easily.

The finish you are after only really comes from baking the paint...even engine black gets heated up. Getting it powdercoated is the best option and not too costly from experience.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

best (as above) is powdercoating.
      second best for easy diy, go to a real automotive paint supply place, and they can mix any colour in 2 pak in a spray can ready to use.

Comment

Ahh yes forgot about that....even used it myself through an airless gun...pretty good results too after lots of rubbing down between coats. from memory though I sprayed about six coats then a clear final coat.

Comment

Rattle cans

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
          Ahh yes forgot about that....even used it myself through an airless gun...pretty good results too after lots of rubbing down between coats. from memory though I sprayed about six coats then a clear final coat.
          What did u paint with an airless?
          U wouldn't of rubbed 2pac down between coats it takes 12hr @24deg for most automotive 2 pac to dry
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Yeah you're right it was a while back now...memory not as good as it used to be. I sprayed a cellulose auto paint specially mixed up ....from somewhere in Osborne Pk. I used a clear laquer over the six coats of paint....wasnt two pac...dont even think it was available for the general public when I did the painting. I did a tank and guards on crappy Harley I had...came out fairly good too.

Comment

Nickel plated my old katana frame many years back, looked great and had an excellent textured finish. Didn't cost too much either but it was over 20 years ago.

Comment

[MENTION=35315]Channo[/MENTION] are you refinishing a bare frame or wanting to 'repair' the painted surface to an area of the frame of a complete bike?
                I'd personally opt for powder coating if you're at the bare frame stage - it's inexpensive, has a variety of finishes and is a durable finish... just make sure you blind off/tape up all the exposed threads you intend re-using.

S.
                Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

did u use clear coat and clean the frame before hand ?

Comment

Working...
                  X