Bike covers tipping bike over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike covers tipping bike over

Hi, ive read a few stories on google about this happening on smaller bikes, has anyone had personal experience with this happening or know someone who has? i want to buy one as my bike sits directly in the sun in a really windy dusty area, its on a looser sort of gravel road base ( construction site parking) but before i do i want to know if it has any chance of actually getting wind under neath the cover and pushing the bike over, ive noticed one or two times the peg has dug a tiny bit into the ground on rather windy days. bike is a daytona if that helps at all.
    (please dont say park in a more secure location as there is no other location) thank you.

Go to Perth Airport in winter after a good blow...

Bikes on the ground everywhere...

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...irport-136072/

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...irport-165326/

Comment

WOAH!
        so on quite a windy day is it something i should be looking out for?

Comment

it's windy and dusty?

so the dust could get under the flapping cover you put on your bike and scratch the paint up as it moves around?

no better parking location you say? i'd be putting a cheap car in the same spot.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

If you're concerned about the damage that might befall your bike because of things like this, total up the potential cost to repair it in a theoretical scenario and spend that money on a 4-wheeled banger.

Comment

As the others have said. Go on gumtree and get a bunky car
              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

The advantage of a bike is that we don't pay parking fees

Comment

Bunky bike, push bike or car pool?
                  Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by elb94 View Post
                    ive noticed one or two times the peg has dug a tiny bit into the ground on rather windy days. bike is a daytona if that helps at all.
                    for serious? If your peg is digging into the ground (without any forward momentum) I would bet money the bike would be on the ground shortly thereafter.
                    Last edited by Kristy; 08-02-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

you could place some steel plate or a crushed can under sidestand to prevent it digging into dirt.
                      tent peg with cable or rope to each side of bike would stop it blowing over.
                      The Secret Terrorists vaticanassassins Avro_Manhatten-The_Vaticans_Holocaust,2007.pdf Cracking The IRS Code CECAustralia truth11.com . truth-now.net AustraliansSayNo Corporate Government of Australia 666 has almost begun

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
                        As the others have said. Go on gumtree and get a bunky car
                        Originally posted by Tackleberry View Post
                        The advantage of a bike is that we don't pay parking fees
                        The alternative is to get a cheap bunky bike... you can get a fairly reasonable GPX250 for $1,000 with some looking around these days.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Been ages since I had a centre stand, however would that offer any more stability in the wind anyone know?

Failing that Perhaps there is such thing as a right stand much like is standard on a posty bike along with the left and centre stands.

Comment

Occy strap the cover tight on the bike. This works for me. It holds it on and reduces the surface area for wind to get hold of.

Comment

sure it can happen a little care and common sense goes along way,

i had mine outside with a cover for a couple of years no problems.

it could just be Harley stability though
                              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Working...
                              X