causeway bike shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• causeway bike shops

I was recently given a $350 voucher for the causeway motorcycle shops, so i thought of buying some braided brake hose for my z1000, to my horror i was quoted $570 for the front 2 lines & $230 for the rear !!! W T F . When i got up off the floor i went home, looked on the computer and for HEL braided lines from over east $240 for the front ! How the hell these shops survive is beyond me, what robbing bastards !!
    Kwikkwak

So what else is new. Maybe they survive on the principle of crap turnover/enormous margins (seems that way anyhow).

Comment

Any wonder that they are losing busness to the interweb. I dont begrudge them making a few dollars, after all they have a shop front to maintain but a $330 difference is pretty hard to swallow.
      Vote with your wallet.
      The best things in life are free.
      The second best things...............are really expensive.

Comment

causeway bike shops

All stealerships are expensive. Avoid them all and shop online.

I phoned suzuki for a carbon front hugger. They quoted me a hugger from geelong carbon craft for $430.

I can get it direct from geelong carbon craft for $220 delivered. Pretty big mark up.

Comment

Maybe you blokes should start your own business, kill the pig and retire in five years?
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Those are the guys that you people use to try items and then buy online, those are guys that say hi can i help you with ghd smile, those are the shops who employ people like you, paying rent, superannuation, workcompo, insurances, etc. if you want to blame someone dont blame them just bureaucracy. Do you want motorcycles finishing like the automotive manufacturers keep shopping online!

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
              Maybe you blokes should start your own business, kill the pig and retire in five years?
              Nar mate, I can get a pig killed online way cheaper...

Comment

Last time I bought tyres from Jakewilsons, and had them fitted at Tyres for bikes, he said next time call before ordering and see how close he can get to my prices.

I liked his attitude about trying to be an honest local so I called and once I added the cost of fitting he was about $80 more expensive for the pair, So I bought local.

Im happy to spend local and pay a little extra but I refuse to be raped by these shops that still think people are too stupid to look at other options.

Shop with your head and your wallet, know the prices and see if they can work with you.

I needed a cam chain tensioner for a yami once, looked online, $50 delivered, went to above shops and was told $280 and 4 week wait WTF, I told him I can get it online for $50, and he told me to order online, no offer of a small discount to entice me, just buy or leave. So I ordered online and had it in my hand 8 days later for less than a 1/5 of local pricing...

Comment

Originally posted by pucara View Post
                  those are guys that say hi can i help you with ghd smile,
                  Where are you shopping??

Sorry, but none of those reasons are enough to entice me to pay $200 markups. If they want more business, increase your competitive advantage. It's simple.

Expecting people to be ripped off out of principle or some presumed 'loyalty' to local retailers is just ridiculous. I started off buying local but quickly smarted up when the service was shit and the price was unreasonable. The only local retailer I'll shop at is Suzuki in Midland. Good prices (more expensive than online but not unreasonably) and awesome service.

Comment

Originally posted by kwikkwak View Post
                    I was recently given a $350 voucher for the causeway motorcycle shops, so i thought of buying some braided brake hose for my z1000, to my horror i was quoted $570 for the front 2 lines & $230 for the rear !!! W T F . When i got up off the floor i went home, looked on the computer and for HEL braided lines from over east $240 for the front ! How the hell these shops survive is beyond me, what robbing bastards !!
                    Dealing with local bike shops can be frustrating - it depends on who you get at the counter.

Get someone with a clue, explain what you want and what you can pay for it elsewhere. They'll have a go at coming up with a good price.

That same person (ie with a clue) also knows that if he/she loses you once then he/she will most likely have lost you as a customer forever.

Get a moron and you'll get given a stupid price and fobbed off. Of course, that's still the bike shop owner's fault for having such a dimwit at the counter in the first place.

As a customer, the trick is to identify who's got a clue and deal with them each time. Bypass the moron... somehow.

We shouldn't have to do that, but that's the reality in Perth.

With pricing, get back to the shop with examples of eastern states pricing. Be polite about it - no point in getting mouthy or aggressive.

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                    Last time I bought tyres from Jakewilsons, and had them fitted at Tyres for bikes, he said next time call before ordering and see how close he can get to my prices.

I liked his attitude about trying to be an honest local so I called and once I added the cost of fitting he was about $80 more expensive for the pair, So I bought local.
                    This.

Peter Hoelzl at Tyres For Bikes will do what he can to match pricing. He usually get close enough to make it worthwhile to get the tyres there.

And if his wholesale costs are too high, you know that he's gonna be ripping the living shit out of the distributor sometime later (which he's rather good at).
                    Last edited by Phildo; 12-02-2014, 04:22 PM.
                    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I went to all the big name tyre shops in Joondalup to get a tyre for my alto and they all said something like "hrmph that's a weird size we don't stock them, not sure who would tbh" and I tried my luck at a local place and the guy phoned up every supplier he knew to hunt down a tyre that could be delivered with his next batch... I was pretty impressed with his effort considering the tyre + fitting was only about $120

Ive gone back to his place ever since then for my car tyres even when I know I can get them a bit cheaper elsewhere coz I like the vibe. If he charged HUNDREDS more I wouldn't be so loyal but I think he has a great balance of service and profit.

Comment

Everyone expects a shop to be high priced.

So why the bitching when you got a high quote ?

Logic really, why even go to the shop to confirm what you already know ?

*Obviously in this situation you have a voucher which is fair enough, use it on service materials, oils etc etc and buy hard parts online and fit your self.
                        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

fucking hell what a rip off. i Bought my gear from there aswell. absolute rip off

Comment

i had a small heart attack when i asked for a price on a k9 pillion seat at suzuki..... safe to say my gf still isnt riding pillion atm haha :-D
                            "Insert signature here"

Comment

I don't mind paying a little over the odds if the service is good for the convenience factor and shops are gonna be expensive.. but over 200% the cost? nah mate..

and unfortunately good service is far, far from what I've ever received from the causeway group.. (with the exception of dale britton - nothing but good things to say about them)

Comment

Working...
                              X