Need help setting up suspension sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up suspension sag

hey guys, needing someone to help me out tune my suspension sag before my RE test on the 19th. never done it before so i have no idea! thanks a lot

U won't need set up suspension for a RE test.
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

i know, its just a pain to ride as it used to be owned by somebody 20kgs lighter than me and considerably shorter so its basically fully bottomed out

Comment

Suspension Setup Guide - Sport Rider Magazine

This is just a guide, be aware changing the geometry of the bike will change the way it rides or could make it unpredictable when cornering. Get someone like Marty Moose to have a look at it and set it up properly if he has time.
        Last edited by Live to ride; 13-02-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

thanks guys, would it be a wise idea to get a paddock stand before doing any work to the bike? or is working on it with just the kick stand just fine?

Comment

I don't think their will be a need for a stand. All measurements will be taken with both wheels on the ground and the bike upright.
            Last edited by klompa; 13-02-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

just wind everything to max, its what the racers and fast street riders here do
              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

And don't listen to people who tell you to wind everything up to max. Even if they might be joking...
                SP RACINGis supported by:
                MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by JordanMackay View Post
                  thanks guys, would it be a wise idea to get a paddock stand before doing any work to the bike? or is working on it with just the kick stand just fine?
                  It makes lubing your chain a hell of a lot easier. If you don't have a centre stand, get a paddock stand.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

There is a great article in this weeksAMCN on setting suspension sag. Go grab a copy and have a read , prity straight forward with pics as well.
                    Wine for my men
                    We ride at dawn!

Comment

Working...
                    X