freeway peak hour ride today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeway peak hour ride today

hey people. ive just bought an 04 honda hornet. and i love it. i rode home today on the freeway. i am already completely confident overtaking cars inbetween lanes. it seems to me though, bikes have such a small foot print. and this overtaking of traffic is probably riskier. why do they not let bikes take the bus/taxi lanes. for our safety!

several reasons

Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

Comment

Buses are dangerous. They should give us the footpath. Bwaaaaap! Motard sales would go through the roof.

Comment

Couldn't be as dangerous as taking a CBR250 across the nullabor could it Lit?
        Originally posted by CBRsairz
        assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
          Is that Browncow?
          Insert witty comment here

Comment

Your new around here aren't you? Welcome to PSB

Your posts strangely scares me, your talk of confidence during overtaking sounds overconfident IMO(perhaps it is just your wording?), even the most confident rider can die in a split second in overtaking gone bad, I'd rather perhaps you spoke of your riding abilities as wary and considered.

Riding in a bus/taxi lane would still present the same hazards we currently encounter, also our road rules are largely made by politicians, people often largely out of touch with the real world.

Comment

I believe it is being trialled / discussed
              Here it is
              ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Comment

watch out for green hyundais.
                what would you rate your riding out of 10?
                Originally posted by Rich...
                You got me in trouble...

Comment

you'll probably find. done safely, overtaking cars between lanes. is safer than sitting in the lane in when, the traffic has as much stop/start. as your sentence structure!
                  I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle

Comment

haha i think i was on my 5th coffee when i wrote that somewhat silly sounding stop start safety sentences stuff.....
                    and lets just say im a confident rider and i do really well at Grand Theft Auto 5 on the playstation.
                    and i love barnett.
                    and i love my hornet!!! im off to get riding boots asap. just in case!

Comment

[MENTION=32198]Sookie[/MENTION], you may be off the hook soon...

Comment

Sooks poor attempt at a troll account?
                        Or is he too good for that?
                        for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
                        for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
                        for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

[MENTION=32198]Sookie[/MENTION] is already off the hook, that guys a loose unit YOLO FTW!i!i!
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by built4speed View Post
                            haha i think i was on my 5th coffee when i wrote that somewhat silly sounding stop start safety sentences stuff.....
                            and lets just say im a confident rider ..!
                            On a scale out of 10, where would you rate yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              [MENTION=32198]Sookie[/MENTION] is already off the hook, that guys a loose unit YOLO FTW!i!i!
                              PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Working...
                              X