Help with chain/sprocket replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with chain/sprocket replacment

Not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, But I am hoping to find a PSB who is willing to help me change my chain for the first time on my ninja 250. I have an idea of what I need to be doing, however I don't have the tools available. I also have new break pads that I would like to put in at the same time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and repayed with a large but finite amount of beers.

I am hoping to travel to you, so wherever is fine with me

Welcome.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Call out a mobile mechanic, have them come to you and explain the process...

They will book in a time that will be suitable for you, definitely have all the tools required, and be able to explain why they are doing everything that they are doing. They'll also be able to answer any of those pesky questions that might be on your mind about your bike. They've also got liability insurance if anything goes wrong...
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

you doing just chain or sprockets too?
        K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-2014 View Post
            you doing just chain or sprockets too?
            I'll be looking to do the chain and both front and rear sprockets

Comment

how many ks on the bike when was it last serviced? Im thinking if you are going to do chain and sprockets and pads may be worth doing an oil filter change too I may be able to help you with it. send me a pm and we can proberbly arrange something
              K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

If you still need a hand by Friday and can get to Marangaroo I will help you out, I have a few things I need to do on my bike anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-2014 View Post
                  how many ks on the bike when was it last serviced? Im thinking if you are going to do chain and sprockets and pads may be worth doing an oil filter change too I may be able to help you with it. send me a pm and we can proberbly arrange something
                  This.

Tip: for removing the engine oil drain bolt/oil filter bolt, use a six-sided impact socket. Had all sorts of dramas removing a drain bolt on someone's ZZR a few years ago, after the bolt head was stripped by a spanner.
                  One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                    This.

Tip: for removing the engine oil drain bolt/oil filter bolt, use a six-sided impact socket. Had all sorts of dramas removing a drain bolt on someone's ZZR a few years ago, after the bolt head was stripped by a spanner.
                    Yeah I do that with all sump bolts..
                    K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

ill help you out. I sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X