Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girls Girls Girls: what will be the death of us first??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls Girls Girls: what will be the death of us first??

Dudes... this is a thread for all those with wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends (Nick7r), lover's, frover's etc.

What does your "significant other" think of your dangerous hobby? do they support your need for speed? or loathe it? do they ride with you? pillion? or do they have their own bike? I'd like to hear from the girls also..
    have you ever dumped a girl/guy because of what they have thought of your hobby? or ever been dumped?
    is there any sure way of keepin the missus happy and enjoying the daily rides with the boys?

mrs

The mrs loves gettin on the back. Has no intention of getting he own. Not so keen on going all that quick at the moment so I take her out on the slow rides and she is more than happy to let me play by myself whenever I feel the need. (thats sounds wrong)
    I just get the "remember you only have one point left" as I walk out the door.

Comment

Well CAD, besides your mum always given me the shits when I leave fora ride..........My girl is in 2 minds, on one hand she loves coming on the back but does get a little freaked out when u tip into a corner a little fast or quickly and on the other hand she hates when I go out on country runs like tomorrow.

She said she ould never ever ask me to give it up and i beleive her but I do always get, dont forget about your family (deej and a few others can relate to that).

I always think about her before I do something silly on the bike to decide how silly I might do it but generally ride pretty safely and there is plenty of your that will back me up on that.

Just a matter of trying to keep a good balance and if I had to say someone on this forum has that down pretty well it would be the big 'C' and he knows who that is.......c u tomorrow man!!!!
      Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

i aint the pillion whore for nothing :twisted:
        Originally posted by vk6hgr
        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Whilst the threads were kinda different, there were some interesting points in here..:

http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtop...der=asc&start=0

Stray's post (on page 5) was particularly insightful I think.

Comment

Re: Girls Girls Girls: what will be the death of us first??

What does your \"significant other\" think of your dangerous hobby? do they support your need for speed? or loathe it? do they ride with you? pillion? or do they have their own bike? I'd like to hear from the girls also..
            have you ever dumped a girl/guy because of what they have thought of your hobby? or ever been dumped?
            is there any sure way of keepin the missus happy and enjoying the daily rides with the boys?
            My girlfriend loves bikes and bike racing. She's been riding as long as I have (both got our bike licences in '85), has been to more GP's than I ever will (she's got a house in Cowes and watched Gardner win the first OZGP) and put at least as much time and effort (and money) into my race season last year as I did. Ken Wooten was one of her high school teachers so that might have helped :-)
            She rides my bikes (when I have them in road trim) but also enjoys riding pillion with me - not with others though as a rule.
            However, she doesn't have a taste for speed. Fastest she's ever gone is 140kph and I've just about given up of ever getting her out onto the track :-(
            She thought I rode pretty crazy initially but since she saw me at the track she's much more relaxed. My daughter also worried a lot about me riding until she came to watch - despite me crashing!
            My last two girlfriends both loved riding pillion and one even did some track laps as pillion.

Comment

my gf hates my bike with a passion we've been together about four years now and i only got my bike and license over the last 6 months. at first a couple of years ago she told me she would break up with me if i got a bike but she never would have. she realised she was fighting a losing battle eventually and now understands how much i love it and that she could never stop me but she would still push it off a cliff if she had half a chance...

Comment

i aint the pillion whore for nothing  :twisted:
                Yeah, What she said......
                Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

is there any sure way of keepin the missus happy and enjoying the daily rides with the boys
                  yep tell her your going to a backgammon game and park your bike at your mates house

Comment

Im all for the fact that you both should be able to do what you please.
                    Im a very easy going girl and girlfriend so I would let my Boyfriend go out with his mates all the time for a ride. I like bikes myself so I would ride pillion with him but Id also say to him that he needs time with the boys by himself. As I need time with my friends too...

"Whats Good Enough for One Should Be Good Enough for the Other"

Comment

My girlfriend is pretty cool about it. She knows I live and breath my bike racing and enjoys coming up to the track, I even get her to watch some of the racing on TV now and again but I try not to push it It may be a different story if I was always riding on the road.

Comment

Wife hates it but dusn mention it anymore cos she knows I love it.

She says she likes being on the back but I dont encourage it as I would never be able to fogive myself if she got injured. I dont mind fucking myself up.... but her.....

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Well i like it until recent circumstances but hey i'll get over it . :shock:

Comment

My mum hates the idea of me riding a motorbike .. but that has something to do with her first hubby dying on one ..

My Ex hated it too ...

Needless to say my mum now lives in queensland .. and my ex is just that.
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

My girl likes coming with me, she gets a little worried when I head out here in Sydney. I can understand that, she's home in Perth, if something happens well, I wouldn't wanna think. But yeah, Khadine knows that I love riding, it'll always be part of our lives I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X