Dealing with a canary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with a canary

Some may have seen me stopped on the Mitchell this afternoon, copped a yellow from the TEG guys for my fender (bought the bike that way with no stock part)

Wondering a couple of things, if anyone has a stock fender for a 2010-13 Z1000 I can buy or "rent" until the bike passes the inspection and;

I hear there are shops that do the inspections now, not just DOT centres, would love any and all recommendations of places to hit up where I don't need to deal directly with DOT, did it once and it was enough for several lifetimes.

Help me in my time of need please
    Originally posted by boeman
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

All I can say is the FE has been gone a long time on that bike...

Paint tray?

edit: this was actually a concern when me old man bought it, and never got round to finding a stockie...

Comment

Have one you can borrow mate.
      Going fast is not a problem, it's the sudden stopping that hurts a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrhyno View Post
        Have one you can borrow mate.
        You'd be my hero! bikes booked in for a service on monday so i'll have them fit it and likely the stock slip ons just to be sure its all 110%, then I can take it back off and give it to you along with a carton/bottle of your choice if you like

Just need to find a decent place to have it inspected now.
        Originally posted by boeman
        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

yeah no worries, just PM me when you wanna pick it up.
          Going fast is not a problem, it's the sudden stopping that hurts a lot...

Comment

Went to DOT on a Friday once.
            Your 100% right about enough for 1 lifetime.
            Lad re licensed his crummydoor thing at the time.
            Bloke in front of us was re - licensing a BMW he'd just bought in Bunbury for a song...
            So the girl jumped betwixt the 2 of them... multi - tasking, as all wimmin's learn to do when they have kids!

We get her all done and drive home... & I'm looking at the license paper work trying to make head or tail of it...
            Blow me down the Lads 6 Cyl crummdore has a 4 cyl BMW engine in it according to Licensing!
            Too late to fix it now, Friday arvo & they are closed and we are in peak hour traffic.
            Screw it - its licensed and has a plate, just drive, DOT screwed it up let them fix it.

Couple months later someone twigged I guess.
            Get a letter explaining the mix up - someone else's vehicle details on his cars license & vice versa.
            Had to sign something and send more $ coz 6 Cyl costs more than the BMW 4 cyl engine he has in it according to their computer system!
            So for a little while there according tot he paperwork he was driving at least half a BMW... feeling flash as a rat with a gold tooth!.
            Once is definitely more than enough for anyone to visit with DOT in any 1 life time!

Comment

Book early in the morning at Warwick.

The older guy their rides bikes and is a gem to deal with. He's lifted both my canaries, for the same thing with absolute minimal fuss.

Comment

Rectify the defects then head on over to this website to locate an inspection centre that does motorcycles:

Metro vehicle examinations

There's a few that do motorcycles depending on what area you're in.
                __________________________________________________ ____________
                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                  Book early in the morning at Warwick.

The older guy their rides bikes and is a gem to deal with. He's lifted both my canaries, for the same thing with absolute minimal fuss.
                  ^^ what [MENTION=11167]Rat750[/MENTION] said old guys at warwick both ride and not complete tools got my blade passed and didn't even remove the full yoshi exhaust system guy just blipped throttle and said yeah all good
                  Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Comment

I took mine to the Osborne Park centre back in November last year for a similar issue (yellow sticker just for the rear mudguard being too short). Wasn't too difficult of a process, I pre-paid the inspection fee and made a booking for 7:30am, rocked up and was out of there before 8am.

For mine I just re-used an old mudguard from a car, cut this down to fit the size needed and gave the bike a good wash, passed no problems.

Mine was sporting a Devil aftermarket pipe too, they didn't have a problem with this either.

Also make sure you have a rear facing reflector as well.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Where are you Frenchie?
                      I use the guys at Lone Pine in Rockingham to do the checks - bloke there is really helpful. Taken 2 bikes there now and will be taking the next one there too!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, were you pulled over because of the Fender Eliminator or for another reason? If it's just for the FE, that seems like a bit of a dick move.

Comment

To raise some revenue, FE are dangerous things
                          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Shredz View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, were you pulled over because of the Fender Eliminator or for another reason? If it's just for the FE, that seems like a bit of a dick move.
                            Been there done that. Been done twice, first a $50 fine with warning to fix, next time a yellow.

Dick move alright, this sort of pettiness epitomises a side of WAPOL autism that is just plain silly.
                            Get a real job you TEG dropkicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crim View Post
                              Been there done that. Been done twice, first a $50 fine with warning to fix, next time a yellow.

Dick move alright, this sort of pettiness epitomises a side of WAPOL autism that is just plain silly.
                              Get a real job you TEG dropkicks.
                              ive noticed alot of the bike cops are dicks to alot of motorists. However I was pulled over by one about a week ago for a "random breath test" and after I had a good chat to him about reckless drivers and about times that he had nearly been cleaned up on the road. Anyway he said if I get pulled over again they might have a go at me for my fender eliminator for future refrence. I asked him what is wrong with having a fender eliminator. His response was that it is meant to prevent you flicking stones at other people

my response to him was that if people are getting hit by stones from my bike, they are too close behind me and should back the fuck off, anyway we had a little laugh and went our seperate ways... so in my opinion they arent all bad.

But still they do give alot of useless fines for no reason... Its like oh look your minding your own business doing nothing wrong.... hmm lets see nope im going to make you late to wherever you were going and fucking ram you up the ass with the long dick of the law!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X