Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HONDA GOLDWING ers

Hi fellow PSB's,

I thought I would open a thread on and for HONDA GOLDWING ers or for anyone who had one or is interested in Goldwings.
    I noticed there are none listed in the "garage" mind you either is mine for reason, and was wondering if anyone on this site has one ?

I recently bought myself a 1981 GOLDWING GL 1100.
    I live South of the River, near Fremantle.

I am currently doing a full service, replacing all fluids, and fixing a few things that need to be done.
    Surprised to find a lack of parts available and even after market parts, so let me know if can help with any parts in Western Australia. ?

I am keen to meet up with any 1980 to 1985 GOLDWINGers that live in and around Freo and beyond.

also see my post
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1100-a-174228/
    Last edited by 1981 GOLDWING GL 1100; 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM. Reason: addition info
    WINGS OF STEEL

[MENTION=23685]AndyS[/MENTION]?
    Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
      [MENTION=23685]AndyS[/MENTION]?
      Yes ??

Comment

I must have missed your original post [MENTION=33414]somebodyelse[/MENTION], but I assume from the heading of this one you've bought or are thinking about buying a Goldwing ?

Comment

If you clowns don't have anything constructive to post, go back to YYY.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Comment

^ on probation.

Anyone else want a time out?
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Are they still in production?
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Lots of parts online if you look. As they were not huge sellers in Australia ,you will most likely have to order from the US.
                  Triumph Rocket
                  Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                  XT 250 Yamaha
                  SYM HD200
                  SYM Shark 125

Comment

Originally posted by 1981 GOLDWING GL 1100 View Post
                    I recently bought myself a 1981 GOLDWING GL 1100.
                    I live South of the River, near Fremantle.

I am keen to meet up with any 1980 to 1985 GOLDWINGers that live in and around Freo and beyond.
                    I live near Freo, but I have kwakka
                    Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                    Who died while defending his right of way;
                    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

They even tried to race these back in the day.

Comment

http://astraone.com/wp-content/uploa...11-900x440.jpg

Would make a good cafe project.
                        “When I'm good I'm good. When I'm bad I'm better" The Devil on my right shoulder an Angel on my left.

Comment

HONDA GOLDWING ers must be hiding ... no one yet

WINGS OF STEEL

Comment

GL1100 nope, GL1800 maybe ;-) Yer I have a lounge chair. If you are on Facebook do a search for
                            Australian Goldwing Riders

Comment

I don't own one but would love to.
                              I got to ride a mates one in about 1986. It was an early model GL1000 from about 1977. It had a big wide police bike type fairing with a stereo in it. I never forget how cool it was zooming up the Mitchell Freeway with Sultans Of Swing blaring. I had a grin from ear to ear.
                              A lot of people don't 'get' them and compare them to cars, but after riding the Nullarbor I see exactly what they are about.

Comment

Working...
                              X