Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done for your bike lately? Pics please :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
    ... digital speedo/tach...
    Are these compatible with other major brands? and how hard was it to install? I've been wanting a new one for my Z1000 with an analogue tacho built in since I got it.
    Originally posted by boeman
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

    I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Arch3r View Post
      Bump with: braided brake lines front and rear, and polished the headers (again!!)



      Nice one Arch3r. This is a mod I want to do, as well as the renthals.

      Originally posted by Triple View Post
      One of the last things on the list for my '78 Yamaha XS750 resto... the fuse box. I ordered this in April, must have got lost in the mail so they sent another one that arrived last week.

      How my Grandad left the original fuse box-


      New Reproduction-


      Ah affectionately known as the Camel. Love to see old girls restored.

      Originally posted by Noizey View Post
      sent the frame, motor and fairings to get painted. Its getting spoilt big time. Even before the strip down it got new tyres to pass inspection for registration.

      I've already accumulated new exhaust, new front brake pump, lever, braided lines all around, new brake pads, indicators and relay, ally fairing bolts, list goes on and on. As we speak the carb is getting an overhaul and reset, new floats and jets etc.. Recoed radiator etc... now thinking of what theme for the fairings.. race inspired stickers all over, airbrush some design, just factory stripes, etc.. Kawasaki KRR150.



      Very cute. Any updated on the build?
      "Love a ranga today"

      "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

      Comment


      • #18

        image hosting no account



        [MENTION=54624]Maloney67[/MENTION]

        yea man it was completed a while ago now .. recently had to replace the ignition coil and spark plug... i'm struggling to find an emulsion tube (main nozzle jet here) as its starting to oval. the last thing i did to it was clean the carb, and have ordered another on standby. also getting another block and piston kit on standby as its still using the factory block which has been honed slightly, the nikasil? is not perfect and the piston and ring in it won't hold up for much longer. its a hoot to ride though especially after replacing the coil and spark plug.
        Last edited by Noizey; 24-10-2015, 02:53 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          OMG that is so cute. It would be dynamite around a go cart track. I bet she sounds sweet. I haven't owned a two stroke for 30 years. Last one was an old RD400C Keep up the good work. Maybe send the crew at Classic Motorcycle Mechanics a email and get it in their magazine or Practical Sports Bikes. Cheers for the update.
          "Love a ranga today"

          "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

          Comment


          • #20
            Renthal Ultra Lows.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by charlie66 View Post
              Fitted a R&G radiator guard!
              http://
              Any more pictures mate? How's the quality?
              I want to get one for mine.
              Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

              I'm a BOM rider, that is, I need to check the Bureau of Meteorology before riding!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by RA35GT View Post
                Any more pictures mate? How's the quality?
                I want to get one for mine.
                quality is top notch...fitted perfectly, took about 15 mins. slips over the existing radiator top mount, and a couple of zip ties secure the bottom.
                Instructions are easy to follow.
                http://
                http://

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                  Are these compatible with other major brands? and how hard was it to install? I've been wanting a new one for my Z1000 with an analogue tacho built in since I got it.
                  Yeah they seem to be compatible with a fair few brands. No idea about newfangled bikes with complex harnesses though...my beamer's 40-year old harness was pretty straightforward. It's an Acewell unit though so have a google and see what your options are.

                  Mine measures speed from the gearbox and take the revs straight from the coils but again, no idea how that translates to modern machines.
                  Ryan

                  Originally posted by Aufitt
                  Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
                    Yeah they seem to be compatible with a fair few brands. No idea about newfangled bikes with complex harnesses though...my beamer's 40-year old harness was pretty straightforward. It's an Acewell unit though so have a google and see what your options are.

                    Mine measures speed from the gearbox and take the revs straight from the coils but again, no idea how that translates to modern machines.
                    Awesome I'll look into it, cheers!
                    Originally posted by boeman
                    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

                    I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Gave the girl a blood transfusion yesterday. She was run in on mineral 1000 - 5000 on semi and now onto Motul 7100 (which if you haven’t used it before, is literally blood red)

                      FWIW - if you haven’t tried it, give it a go. There is a substantial positive difference to both noise (sounding a lot cleaner) and how smooth the bike now is.




                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Using the correct oil weight is the important part. Whether you spend $100 on a bottle like motul Or $45 on something like Penrite is irrelevant if they’re the same weight. Cheap oil changed often is better than wanky expensive oil changed infrequently.

                        There’s even a thread on it..
                        Rest in Peace

                        #294

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rubin View Post
                          Gave the girl a blood transfusion yesterday. She was run in on mineral 1000 - 5000 on semi and now onto Motul 7100 (which if you haven’t used it before, is literally blood red)

                          FWIW - if you haven’t tried it, give it a go. There is a substantial positive difference to both noise (sounding a lot cleaner) and how smooth the bike now is.

                          Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                          Using the correct oil weight is the important part. Whether you spend $100 on a bottle like motul Or $45 on something like Penrite is irrelevant if they’re the same weight. Cheap oil changed often is better than wanky expensive oil changed infrequently.

                          There’s even a thread on it..
                          Yep, surprisingly I have to agree with this Even cheap Kmart etc oil can be OK as long as it's changed much more regularly as it'll break down quicker
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                          98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                            Yep, surprisingly I have to agree with this Even cheap Kmart etc oil can be OK as long as it's changed much more regularly as it'll break down quicker
                            They all come out the same colour after a similar distance, so I'd have to disagree with you on that Craig. I tried about 5 or 6 different brands in the same bike between 2015 and 2017 and anecdotally there was no difference, and I don't know of any studies that confirm that spending more = more quality.

                            It follows the same logic people use that 98 octane fuel somehow gives more power or more 'quality' than 95 or 91, which has been proven multiple times on multiple dynos to have no discernible effect.
                            Rest in Peace

                            #294

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                              They all come out the same colour after a similar distance, so I'd have to disagree with you on that Craig. I tried about 5 or 6 different brands in the same bike between 2015 and 2017 and anecdotally there was no difference, and I don't know of any studies that confirm that spending more = more quality.

                              It follows the same logic people use that 98 octane fuel somehow gives more power or more 'quality' than 95 or 91, which has been proven multiple times on multiple dynos to have no discernible effect.

                              The colour they come out isn't really a good indicator of how well the oil is working just how much sludge etc is in the sump/engine and what sort of impurities are in the fuels used I've been on many forums with guys that either work in the oil/petrochemical industry or work in somewhere like heavy haulage etc where they actually test the oils that come out of their engines and most seem to say using the correct specification oil from a decent company/range is the way to go
                              A bit like with helmets, you can buy a dirt cheap helmet with minimal features/quality that will do the job for a short time or spend a bit more and get one that will fit better, be more comfortable, last longer and have more features

                              I will agree though that there is a point where spending exponentially more isn't going to get you any better outcome, again with helmets I don't believe spending $12-1500 on a Rossi/Marquez etc branded Shoei/Arai will get you an XX amount better helmet than say a $5-600 OGK/Bell etc it's all about branding and markup IMO

                              Same with oils, companies like Motul/Bel-Ray etc have had links with MC sports for a long time and cash in on that as do Mobil/Shell etc with car racing when some of the reports I've read show that they sell products for MC's that are essentially the same as the car spec ones but charge 50%+ more just because they are for a MC

                              Fuels to a degree are different in as far as yes putting 98 in a vehicle designed for 91 wont make it run better and may actually make it run worse
                              Saying that running 91 in a vehicle designed/modified for 95 or 98 will show a difference either in worse mileage/less power/pinging or even damage at the extremes

                              I've kept records with my bike and cars over the years and the bike shows no real preference between 91-98 apart from it "seeming" to run slightly smoother on Caltex Vortex 95 in particular, economy and power didn't seem to be appreciably any different and I tend to use the V95 only because of the perceived smoothness and due to having a fuel card through my partners work it doesn't cost me anything

                              The XR6T though doesn't like 91, (book says 95+) I only used it once when there was only 91 available and it ran like shit
                              It does get better economy and feels like slightly more grunt on 98 vs 95 but only slightly and to be honest for the extra cost I probably wouldn't run 98 if I was paying for it
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                              98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                What have you done for your bike lately? Pics please 😊

                                Added a ZG Corsa screen - now it doesn’t feel like my helmets trying to be torn off my head at 100km/h.

                                Cue Ryan as to why that’s wrong too... [emoji849]



                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X