Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done for your bike lately? Pics please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubin View Post
    Added a ZG Corsa screen - now it doesn’t feel like my helmets trying to be torn off my head at 100km/h.

Cue Ryan as to why that’s wrong too... [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too heavy with the red vinyl wrap.

Comment

Pretty much done with the ZX7R;

After picking it up,
      • Gave it a service it desperately needed.
      • New timing chain.
      • Shims/clearances done.
      • Fork seals replaced.
      • Put in a K&N air filter.
      • New clutch slave cylinder.
      • New brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder (went with 19mm radial Nissin).
      • New Nissin calipers on the front (basically a ZX7RR setup).
      • New chain (red) and sprockets.
      • Braided Goodridge lines all round.
      • Cut the stalks off the oggy knobs and recessed them further into the fairing.
      • Took the headers off and wire wheeled them and painted black.
      • Tidied up the mirror supports and also the lower radiator bracket.
      • Got a tinted screen after about 2 months of waiting but massive improvement over the UV attacked clear one.
      • Tinted indicators (not 100% on these).

I still have an under tail to go on it once I pull my finger out and trim it so that I can keep the stock fender. And once I get a job again I'll replace the rear shock with a Bitubo item.
      Last edited by TurboR1; 21-09-2018, 11:46 AM.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Full race system with jetting to match(Came on the bike)
        Ignitech TCI
        BMW S1000rr Shock conversion
        Eibach Springs to match rider weight and custom valving in forks and shock.
        Sprockets & chain(MDH Tunning did the valving and spring work for me)
        SES Rearsets
        Tyga Clipons(came on the bike)
        HEL Braided lines
        Tyga Glass(mostly came with the bike)
        Rubber
        Fuel tap conversion
        Removed excess weight
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

You two guys make me feel good about how much money I spend on my bikes haha
          “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

You might call it "excessive weight"
            But i recon a seat is a good thing
            Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

minimalistic... its all the rage with the kids these days and harder for "whoop whoop" to identify

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                I think so far the 7 is the bike on which I have spent the least money on. Both in initial purchase cost and service/parts.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  That bike owes me less than $2500. Best bargain I've had in ages.

...and even with a fat guy laying all over it, looks this good and in her first race meet hit 55.7 around Collie with the fat guy slowing her down. Money well spent I say.
                  All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                  #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                  Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

My brother's '06 ZX12 - just ticked over 24k on the clock so we gave it its first big service and sorted a few things for his ride to Phillip Island next month.. Mostly standard typical stuff..

*valve clearances - 8 shims changed
                    *spark plugs replaced
                    *New cam cover gasket set, cam sensor seal, timing cover seal
                    *oil/filter
                    *coolant flushed/changed
                    *new radiator cap and lower temp radiator fan switch
                    *throttle body sync and TPS adjusted
                    *BMC filters cleaned/reoiled
                    *clutch cable readjusted
                    *chain adjusted, cleaned, lubed
                    *brake fluid replaced with RBF600
                    *fork oil and seals changed
                    *Ohlins rear shock serviced and fitted
                    *steering/swingarm/shock linkage bearings regreased
                    *new Michelin Road 5 tyres fitted
                    *few fasteners replaced
                    *Woolich harness hooked into ECU plug
                    Few other things

Just need to fit crash knobs, throttle lock and get suspension set up a bit better.
                    Tuning is also on the to do list, with the Woolich set up

Comment

Got to love the mighty 12!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                        Got to love the mighty 12!
                        Yeah mate - mines just ticked over 90k and no desire to replace it any time soon, I love it

Comment

New airbox ram air seals - trying to put the ram back into the ram air, its not the most ramiest ram air around to start with, genuine Suzuki parts $16 well spent i rekon

I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
                            My brother's '06 ZX12 - just ticked over 24k on the clock so we gave it its first big service and sorted a few things for his ride to Phillip Island next month.. Mostly standard typical stuff..

*snip*
                            You guys do all that work yourself? In a year or so I want to treat my Z1000 to an overhaul of sorts, something like what you describe really, maybe even more like replacing rubber hoses/lines etc.
                            Originally posted by boeman
                            Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                            Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                            Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                              You guys do all that work yourself? In a year or so I want to treat my Z1000 to an overhaul of sorts, something like what you describe really, maybe even more like replacing rubber hoses/lines etc.
                              Sure did..
                              The only thing we didn't do ourselves was fitting tyres and servicing the rear Ohlins shock.
                              Brake lines had already been replaced with braided HEL lines when we fitted ZX14 NISSIN calipers in the past.

My bro rode it to Victoria for the GP's and is riding over Mt Hotham today, the lucky bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
                                Sure did..
                                The only thing we didn't do ourselves was fitting tyres and servicing the rear Ohlins shock.
                                Brake lines had already been replaced with braided HEL lines when we fitted ZX14 NISSIN calipers in the past.

My bro rode it to Victoria for the GP's and is riding over Mt Hotham today, the lucky bastard!
                                Nice, Jelly. Yeah I'm looking at going to the GP in 2020 so I'd love to get that all done leading up to it and really refresh the bike. Time to learn how to do valve clearances!
                                Originally posted by boeman
                                Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                                Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                                Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Working...
                                X