Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done for your bike lately? Pics please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by frenchie View Post
    . I mean they're no brembo M50's, but after trying them out you don't need any 'more' brakes.
    Oh I don't know... after putting the Brembo RCS coupled with Brembo GP4RX biting onto oversize Brembo T-Discs on the ZX10R, I can't imagine how I've ever put up with less, it is a simply incredible package, and not as out of reach as one might think.

    1 finger braking from 200+, incredible!
    Last edited by TurboR1; 30-10-2018, 05:14 PM.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

    Comment


    • #62
      Suspension service time for the road bike. It's only been 8 years/20,000 km's.

      “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

      Comment


      • #63
        Pic of the brake lines. One day I'll clean my bike, but as I'm still pushing the fucker through the sand pit that is my backyard, it won't be any time soon.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          Suspension service time for the road bike. It's only been 8 years/20,000 km's.

          Landed too many rough wheelies ?
          Rest in Peace

          #294

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
            Landed too many rough wheelies ?
            Preventative maintenance. I've had the bike for nearly 8 years and haven't had the suspension serviced yet. If it was my race bike it would get done twice a year. Having said that, the seals weren't leaking and the oils still looked fairly clean. Valve clearance check is next on the list.
            “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

            Comment


            • #66
              Chain clean and adjustment, plus a few other odds and ends before riding 2up for the first time this afternoon.

              Originally posted by boeman
              Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

              I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
              Originally posted by Chuck Steak
              Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

              Comment


              • #67
                put the lot #12 backgrounds on, was waiting for a new set of white plastics. glad i put them on blacks

                #racebikeforthebush

                Comment


                • #68
                  Power Commander III, with setup and a speedo healer.

                  Pics are pointless, can see neither.
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by chew View Post
                    Power Commander III, with setup and a speedo healer.
                    What's the deal with the speedo healer, does it need to stay on the bike or do you 'heal' it once and it sticks? I've been meaning to heal the Z1000's speedo for a long time
                    Originally posted by boeman
                    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

                    I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                      What's the deal with the speedo healer, does it need to stay on the bike or do you 'heal' it once and it sticks? I've been meaning to heal the Z1000's speedo for a long time
                      It is a device that you fit and calibrate and then it does it's thing from then on.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Some bikes do not need speedo healers... as in all the ones that take their speed off of the front or rear wheel instead of off the gearbox.
                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I put a speedo healer on a 2001 ZX6R that I bought a while back... easy to set up, there's a web site that has a calculator to tell you how to program it for your particular situation. I ended up selling the bike... I wish I didn't...

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                            What's the deal with the speedo healer, does it need to stay on the bike or do you 'heal' it once and it sticks? I've been meaning to heal the Z1000's speedo for a long time
                            As Chew said it needs to stay on there as it converts the signals coming from the gearbox to the speedo to correct for gearing changes
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                            98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by pnork View Post
                              I put a speedo healer on a 2001 ZX6R that I bought a while back... easy to set up, there's a web site that has a calculator to tell you how to program it for your particular situation. I ended up selling the bike... I wish I didn't...
                              Phone app to do that now quickly

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                New slip ons, belly pan and Rizoma clutch/brake levers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X