Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done for your bike lately? Pics please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Looks great, I agree with you on the mirror front, a necessary evil that can completely change the look of a bike. Personal choice, my pick would be for round underslung bar end mirrors.

I need to ask though, how expensive/difficult is to copper plate parts?
    Thx
    Copper plating is part of chrome plating procedure...so it tends to be cheaper and takes less time .....I wanted to brass plate it but few platers use the brass medium these days ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
      I was thinking the same thing while servicing it. Done almost 20k kms since I got the bike! Funny how the flood gates open when you spend a little coin on these things haha.
      I'm hoping the chain wasn't new when you got it because that would be shocking wear
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
        I'm hoping the chain wasn't new when you got it because that would be shocking wear
        Naah, was on the bike when I got it
        __________________________________________________ ____________
        "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
          Naah, was on the bike when I got it
          How many km's on the chain/sprockets do you know?
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
            How many km's on the chain/sprockets do you know?
            No idea, I'd have to dig around for the service sheet the previous owner gave me as I can't recall off the top of my head.

Comment

Spent a leisurely 8 hours yesterday replacing a perished coolant overflow bottle and radiator flush. First hurdle a stripped lower cowl fairing bolt needed drilling out to get that off. Replaced the bottle and dumped the coolant no problem, then snapped the coolant drain bolt putting it back on to start the flush process! Had to go out to get more tools and a replacement bolt (and ended up not needing the tap set I bought!!!), finally got the stubborn thread out, then took 6 flushes for the water to run clean ready for new coolant!!! This "save money" home servicing can eat itself haha. Pic for attention.

Comment

New Shoes

Got some new shoes today, now I just need to find a shop that sells talent.
                Still feeling them out but hoo boy they feel a damn sight better than the OE tyres that were on the bike. Front tyre feels like its on a rail now.
                Last edited by chasingweights; 04-12-2018, 06:32 PM. Reason: Figuring out photo upload
                Chicken strips for days

Comment

Installed a factory single seat cowl.

Comment

Changed the spark plugs and installed a k&n air filter. Bugger me what a mission, both seats, 7 bits of plastic to come off before the tank comes off, and have to remove the upper part of the coolant system (after syringing out some coolant) to get access to the inner two plugs because of this frame design. Then had to use my plug socket with 3/8ths to 1/2 inch adaptor, then a 1/4 to 3/8ths adaptor, short extension, universal joint then a long extension. Ironically though once properly in there the inner two plugs were the easiest. Proud of myself too, from unlocking the rear seat when starting the work to turning her over after was only 1.5 hours, epic in my book I thought I was in for double that or more.

Originally posted by boeman
                    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

• Good job [MENTION=30883]frenchie[/MENTION].

The plugs look pretty good too actually.
                      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

• Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
                        Good job [MENTION=30883]frenchie[/MENTION].

The plugs look pretty good too actually.
                        Yeah from what I gather it looks like the motor has been doing just fine. My only real issue was when I got the bike recently I got quite a patchy service history on it, and I like to do my best to give it a clean slate and start again, at least now I will know how long they're in there!
                        Originally posted by boeman
                        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Working...
                        X