How good is new rubber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is new rubber!

Today i got turned down for finance which i was hoping to buy a R6 with.... so I went and put a new pair of tyres on the baby blade instead. What a difference!
    :twisted:

I've been riding the bike with the tyres I had on it since i bought the it, and they were shit! They had enough tread left on them, but they where so old the compound had apparently gone "off".

Anyone out there who is like me and just learning the finese of the bike game... check ya rubber! What a difference!

Commit and stick. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    How 'bout a nice cup of shut the f*&k up??

Apart from ya brain, rubber is the bit that'll keep ya upright (especially when ya brain miss calculates)

Always get the best ya can...
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

go the bridgestone battleaxes
      Is Dead

Comment

Go give 'em heaps mate!!

Comment

How much do they cost...front and rear (fitted, if u know)?
          Damo

Comment

about 300-350 all up .... but it depends on which ones you put one ..

i used 012 and 001 on the 2R .. and they are FARKEN awesome .. i used them on the track and they stuck like shite to a shovel .. great feel and confidence ... just lean in and turn

in all the articles/reviews i have seen these tyres have been rated as the best road/track tyre ... (supercorsa's being classed as a track tyre)

i got mine from kamahl at causeway ...
            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I had never put rubber on a bike before but 3 weeks ago the battleaxes went on. didn't realise how flat and squared off the old ones were. My riding seems to be a lot smoother now. Got to keep up on the maintanence checks!

I luv em

Comment

I was in Pal & Panther with a mate and was lookin at the tyres so i just asked outta curiosity coz me fronts going off. He quoted me $140 for the front fitted and balanced and $160 for the back for Bridgestone tyres and said the dunlops were roughly the same for a cbr250.

Might have to go get me some new tyres then.

Comment

Nicko. He's probably qouting for bridgestone battlaxe!

I got mine from Tyres for Bikes, Albany Highway Vic Park. I reccomend this place. Ask for Peter.

My set cost me $280 all up, and took only about an hour to fit. (One hour spent at Cheers Pub next door).

Comment

I got mine from Tyres for Bikes, Albany Highway Vic Park.  I reccomend this place. Ask for Peter.

My set cost me $280 all up, and took only about an hour to fit.  (One hour spent at Cheers Pub next door).
                    which tyres did u get then ???
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I just put a rear tyre on my blade.... went the dunlop d208 to see the differance ..... think ill go back to battlax next time though great tyres.....
                      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

I got mine from Tyres for Bikes, Albany Highway Vic Park.  I reccomend this place. Ask for Peter.

My set cost me $280 all up, and took only about an hour to fit.  (One hour spent at Cheers Pub next door).
                        which tyres did u get then ???
                        The Battlaxes!

Comment

The Battleaxes are great I had them on the Blade when I got it, BUT, I thought I would try something different and went for the Michelin Pilot sports and OH MY GOD :!: They are just awesome the bike justs rolls into and out of corners with no effort required, I'll be sticking to the Pilots.

I recommend anyone to try the Pilot Sports, I'm sure you will like them
                          * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

Just put some new tyres on the zxr, had dunlop sports amx before Z( front was good, back let go a bit). Just put on some Pireeli Dragon EVO front and rear, Expensive ( $220 for front & $320 for rear ) what a difference tho, Man, talk about stick to road. The way they are wearing tho, looks like a replacement every 5-7000 k's. oh well, prefer good rubber than bad rubber and trying to ride the bike like a bucking bronco.
                            I Love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they makes as they fly by......

Comment

um got my last set from northside at 395 a pair but that was for the 900

also like the michelins as well
                              Is Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X