Another thing I noticed, Melkor touched on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing I noticed, Melkor touched on this

What the hell is it with everyone on a bike not wearing the right gear????

I'll admit that sometimes I go out in jeans and a shirt but shit, there's to many people out there wearing shorts, shirts and even thongs!!! What the hell is going on here!!!

Re: Another thing I noticed, Melkor touched on this

What the hell is it with everyone on a bike not wearing the right gear????

I'll admit that sometimes I go out in jeans and a shirt but shit, there's to many people out there wearing shorts, shirts and even thongs!!! What the hell is going on here!!!
    I agree however, whats the difference between regular jeans and shorts? Jeans will only last about 2 seconds in the event of an off. You may as well be wearin shorts. (Draggin' jeans excluded).

But I agree wearing thongs is just silly, however, everyone has to make their own decisions and accept the consequences of those decisions.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Yeah, I've had two accidents in normal jeans, they holded up ok, mainly cause they were reasonably low speed (ish)

Comment

I reckon the problem is when people buy a bike they forget about the on road and gear costs.
        So when they use all their money to buy the actual bike they havestuff all left for decent clothing and protection.
        I know that I have to wait till next pay day to get the $200 dragon jeans that I want.

Comment

i would say most ppl know the risks and it is their decision their skin and their pain if they lose.

the only thing that shits me is when a rider is geared up and the pillian in shorts & T. But again i dont express my opinion to them and i wont enforce it or call anyone dumb for doing it because, Yes i have done it and it is their rite to do it. one of the few they have left.

Comment

When i first got my license i knew about the correct riding gear because my brother in law had been riding for years.

But a newbie who has no contact with other riders wouldn't have a clue. then after a year they get their gixer/r1 and still ride in t shirts & shorts.

I beleive through this forum and many of your attitudes we are helping to educate these people that riding in t shirts & shorts is just plain dumb. I beleive that instead of baggin em try educating them if they don't listen its on their head.

Come off your bike at speed and you will end up looking like a Bali burns victim that has had skin graphs. I know i have seen it first hand.

Simple as that. 8)

Comment

riding in shorts:

just think what would happen to a tomato on a cheese grater. then translate that to you legs/arms/any-exposed-skin when you go sliding down the road.

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

your attitudes we are helping to educate these people that riding in t shirts & shorts is just plain dumb.
                we need to stick with educate and leave the dumb bit out as that is considered your opinion and is judging. dont know about most ppl i hate ppl telling me that i am doing something stupid in their opinion even if i know it is stupid.

Dont judge or chastise just put the education out. in the end you will have more friends.

Comment

we need to stick with educate and leave the dumb bit out as that is considered your opinion and is judging
                  Couldn't agree more with ya pete_026. If you follow my reply i started using the word educate and that my opinion was that people who ride in t shirts and shorts are dumb.

I beleive that instead of baggin em try educating them if they don't listen its on their head.
                  Its not my place to and will never bag anyone for the choices they make in life

Comment

Comment

Campo wrote:
                      Yeah, I've had two accidents in normal jeans, they holded up ok, mainly cause they were reasonably low speed (ish)
                      yea....when i wrote off the thunderace...i was wearing jeans... hit the deck at 127kmh and they stood up extremely well...just my 2c

Comment

yea....when i wrote off the thunderace...i was wearing jeans... hit the deck at 127kmh and they stood up extremely well
                        Couldn't ya get it out of first CAD

Comment

wrex wrote:
                          Couldn't ya get it out of first CAD
                          hell it wasnt even in gear!

Comment

From were i was looking, it was a bloody spectacular write off....

I enjoyed it emensly, except i shoulda sped up not braked, when i saw you rolling down the road infront of me CAD .....
                            Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                            Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

all i can say is this and i know most ppl wont admit to it

but if its farking hot as in 40 degrees when i gotta go to the shop which is like less than 5 minutes away i wont be spending all that time suiting up sweating my arse off and coming back putting shorts back on for a ride thats not even 5 minutes

i doubt anyone could say they have never thought like this

not saying wear shorts all the time cause im not

plus i would not let a pillion get on wearing the wrong gear unlike some that ya see hooning around like that

the joys of freedom of choice and freedom of speech

if its so wrong let them make it law like its law to wear a helmet

then there will be one standard
                              Is Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X