Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a bigger bike

hello all
    just wanted to get some input on moving up in the world i am going for my big bike license in the next month or so and i am begining to look for a bigger bike i curently have a RGV and will miss it dearly. but i want to move up i have ridden a few bigger bikes 600/750's and i was intnent on moving into that group (i'll get my 1000 when i can can afford it) what sort of things should i be looking for when buying a bike (i'm looking for something 2nd hand) any input will be greatly appreciated
    It was funny, I'm the jester, LAUGH damn U!!

Kawaka zx6r.... or F4I 600 honda....

Suzi gsxr 600 ( if you take her easy ) they still got alot of balls...
    as do the r6 or the latest 636 and 600rr toys

All in all personal choice ride some dude.... see what you like...
    Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
    Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

ride EVERYTHING .... then decide what u like.... it all depends on what u feel comfortable on.
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I agree with Hewie...

Get your arse into as many seats as you can. Just enjoy riding as many different types of bikes as you can.

You'll start to narrow it down, I did. Good luck! Oh and make sure you get some kind of theft protection... you are now moving into the realm of bikes that get stolen a lot!
        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

I agree with Hewie...

Get your arse into as many seats as you can. Just enjoy riding as many different types of bikes as you can.

You'll start to narrow it down, I did. Good luck! Oh and make sure you get some kind of theft protection... you are now moving into the realm of bikes that get stolen a lot!
          The Bike Bandit System looks like a excellent alarm .. it has all the fruit and can have GPS tracking, paging and remote immobalisation on it ..

About 1100 all up .. cheap at half the price .. Deej was goin to look at this ... but may not of go the chance yet.

Deej let me know and I'll chase it up as there seems to be a bit of interest in this sort of stuff at th moment.

Comment

ride EVERYTHING .... then decide what u like.... it all depends on what u feel comfortable on.
            I agree wholly.. There is nothing better you can do than to ride them all. Even if you don't like the look of something, just ride it, you may be surprised..

One of my friends rode heaps of bikes and wasn't able to decide as something didn't quite feel right, they didn't really like the ZX9R but I told them to ride it. After the test ride they came back all smiles like a kid in a candy store and signed up and bought it that arvo...

One thing tho, when you do finally get the big bike, please make sure you have all the proper riding gear to go with it..... :!:
            * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

Some really good GSXR600's, CBR600's and R6's on the market. I went from my 250 right to a GSXR750 and loved that, very comfortable and easy to ride, builds up confidence real quick, just remember to use the hand / wrist co-ordination thing and you'll be right mate.

But yeah, ride everything on the market, even the bigger bikes so you can get a feel for them, most of all, make sure it's FUN!!! cause thats what it's all about!

Comment

Gsx-r's, 600rr's, 636's

BLAH

Dont not listen to these un-educated, un-informed f00ls. Get a thumping twin like my trx850.

Great fun,
                wheelies on demand
                keep up to a new 600rr to 180km/h
                whoop ass track bike
                sounds h00000t

dont become one of the masses on an in-line 4. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

"editted in the pursuit of harmony and good taste"

My appologies to TRX-850 and ANY and ALL VEE TWIN riders I may have offended with my remarks.

Comment

hahahha
                    I do believe someone just got pwn3d!! haha
                    sorry dood
                    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

*TRX 8-FIDDY has taken a cold shower, sat down in front of the tv, cracked open a beer and decided that he over reacted a bit. Soz Hewie*

Buying a bigger bike?

1) ride them all and find out what is comfy

2) make sure that its a bike that will make you smile every time you walk in the garage

3) get you better half's oponion (if applicable)

4) be restrained. do not jump from 250 to 1ltr unless you a pretty dam good, and restrained rider (but why would that happen if ur riding a 1ltr)

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Whoa there TRX, I think that probably should of been reserved for the clown shoes section doent ya think??? Especially when there is someone new on the forum asking others opinions.

From another V-twin rider though, I think u should really sit back and have a look at what u just said. My SP1 has a few more balls than your 850, lets face it now, and with the proper rider on a 600rr....I'm sorry to say mate but we get left the fuck behind. Even with someone who is not all that experienced, u give one of those things a squirt mate andthey get up and go.

V-Twins are a great bike dont get me wrong, I love my SP1 and on a lot of country runs can out corner most but I think if you where to upgrade to your fist big bike I wouldnt go straight to a twin because they are a completely different style of bike to ride.

So dont take anything personally mate, I think Hewie was probably only having a joke and by all means dont let that discourage u in posting what u feel like. Unfortunately Twins will always be getting made jokes of but thats just the way it goes. In the end man they are better than some bikes in some areas and worse in others, dont let it stress u dude just get on it and ring the neck off it and have fun, its that simple....... 8) 8)
                        Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

boxhead , i have to disagee a bit , i personally think that the bikes we ride all perform well within our riding abilities ! i rode calvins 600rr around the track and did times only slightly slower than i do on my Blade , and i know that if i rode your SP-1 long enough and got use to it then i'd do pretty similar times on that as well ! these bikes will do so much more than we can do on them , look at chookie being out there on the guzzi , lapping R1's and gixxers !! if you believe everything you read in a bike mag then the gixxer should be able to blitz the guzzi with a retarded one legged grandmother riding it !! (or any suzuki rider for that matter) , but in reality we are all held back by our own ability , not the bikes ability. the only place this is different is in a straight line , and fuck how hard is it to twist your wrist !! , no real skill in going fast in a straight line !!

Comment

I am a firm believer that you should go from a 250cc to any bike that does not exceed 750cc, infact it should be law! My view only :shock:

Anyway in saying that there are few good big bore bikes that don't have that instant flip me power off the throttle (unlike Gixxer1000 & R1). You don't want a bike that over responds at low rev's, not good for ya health or back pocket (ask Spike).

No one can tell you what to buy, 600cc / 750cc / 1000cc etc, that is up to you your money your bike! But take them all for a ride (the ones you like the look of) as long as your mature enough and got some common sence, your able to ride any bike, theres no secret to riding litre class bikes, it's just good comunication between the wrist and the brain :idea:

Have fun testing them out, V-twins, inline 4's what ever your choice make sure it's your decision :!:

Comment

thanks for the imput i'll take it all on board and i hope that one day i can catch up with some of you guys cause this site seems to have quiet good community of guys, and gal's on it
                              catchya around
                              It was funny, I'm the jester, LAUGH damn U!!

Comment

Working...
                              X