Need Info on a ZX2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on a ZX2R

Can anyone give me some good information and maybe comments on what they think about a ZX2R - im thinking of upgrading my zzr

Hewie you got one dont you? what you think about it

just some good info like what too look out for what year they finished, if there is things like the CBR-R and CBR-RR as in better quality etc - i just wanna get the best for my money i guess
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and im all outa bubblegum.

YUP I gots one

I love it ..

Ok ... They are longer, lighter (17kg to be precise) and skinnier than a CBR.
    They turn flatter and you can really push the countersteering on them.

I have found that there is not a lot of difference in performance between the CBR RR and a ZX2R.

Nope there are no differences in ZX2R's.. Execpt how theyre set up.

I would suggest that you invest in a set of good brake pads and tires.

I use a carbon sintered race pads and Bridgestone 012, 001s on mine.

Last year of production was about 92 from memory after that its a imported date.

If your serious and interested PM me. Im going to sell mine.

Heres mine.
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

where's the bike in that picture?

i had a zx2r...i think i managed a whole 3000km on it before I moved onto an R1... it's a great bike to learn on....
      but it's got a fueling problem at 21000rpm as I found out....so you'll need to upshift before 19000rpm..

Comment

where's the bike in that picture?

i had a zx2r...i think i managed a whole 3000km on it before I moved onto an R1... it's a great bike to learn on....
        keep lookin zip .. its in there.. SOMEWHERE

its like one of those things u stare at down the mall .... eventually u'll see the bike ..... or not !

Comment

swat2 man,

upgrading from a zzr250 to a zx-2 is hardly going to get you much further and any quicker time.

You cant ride for 3months anyway, so personally id wait, be patient and get a 600 (or 850) when the time comes.

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

I'm in agreeance with 8 fiddy.. not worth going from one 250 to another as you'll lose a lot of money in the buying / selling. Just be patient and go for the bigger bike. The main difference I have found aswell between the ZX2R and the CBR's is size... I can't fit on a ZX2R.. WAY too small for me and I JUST fit onto my CBR 250. Either way, both bikes are just a small step on the way to the big boys
            Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

It's all personal dude - I rode three zx2's when i was up grading from a gpx, and i didn't lke them. They all had shitty feeling brakes. They feel way small too - im not a big guy and i felt too close to the ground. In the end I bought a cbr rr. Good brakes, good handling and just plain smooth. Plus, and hewie knows this, my rr goes past his zx2 everytime we're out!
              How 'bout a nice cup of shut the f*&k up??

Comment

It's all personal dude - I rode three zx2's when i was up grading from a gpx, and i didn't lke them.  They all had shitty feeling brakes.  They feel way small too - im not a big guy and i felt too close to the ground.  In the end I bought a cbr rr.  Good brakes, good handling and just plain smooth.  Plus, and hewie knows this, my rr goes past his zx2 everytime we're out!
                Most small bikes I have ridden have had average brakes .. Its a combination of bad/old pads, discs and old lines that flex.

Admittedly a CBR does have less line flex and are noted for the consistancy whilst under brakes.... however a set of good pads and discs soon fixes the issue for a ZX2R .. I can stand on mine just as hard as Philth when required.

Ask zip .. he went past everyone on his !!! Thats the rider your talking about there not the bike!

I dont push as hard as I could, I openly admit that after the past few months and incidents that we have had, I have lost a bit of my confidence whilst riding in groups and as such stopped trying to ride hard within them. I push hard enough to keep up but happily end up at the back of the pack.

Comment

best to hold off, only a year man till you can get on something biger. yes there are plenty of zippier 250's on the market but do u really want to waste more bling bling on something u will probably have for a few months?
                  I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.

Comment

I dun like zx2r's... they r small and feel weird....

And if you going from zzr to zx2r .... well really there is no point..... ( unless your loaded ) and money isn't a problem, then do whatever you feel like...

But i wouldn't put myself through all the swapping, Insurance etc....
                    Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                    Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

totally not worth it dude

i was seriously thinking of giving the cbr away for this rs250 i found over east - figured i only needed to fork out an extra $2000 but it wasnt worth it. Going from a cbr250 to RS250 is totally different from going ZZR-ZX2R though.

In the end its really not worth it swapping 250's. When you get ya open class licence thats when the fun really begins i guess.

Comment

When you get ya open class licence thats when the fun really begins i guess.
                        <nods> 8) 8) (just have to find something I can afford)

Swat2 how hard do you ride the ZZR?? Yes, they are slow in a stright line, and tend to top out way below the general speed of a group ride up the freeway. But you can still enjoy yourself round a corner, itsnt that the main thrill?? As for overtaking - start playing with sproket sizes, ive heard it makes a bit of a difference.

All in all, wait it out dude, not worth the extra for the bike and insurance (HUGE difference).

Comment

:twisted: :twisted: I SAY DAMN YOU ALL! ITS WORTH IT! :twisted: :twisted:

There is a big difference between the zzr and the zx2r if you ask me. I have just sold my zzr and will soon be taking over Hewies beast.

Everyone says wait it out, but to me, 8 months is a LoooooOOOoooong time. The zzr is fun but you can only push it so far, and the zx2r has that little extra to keep things interesting for a while longer.

But thats just a lowly 2fiddy riders opinion...
                          The circus is calling...

Comment

Working...
                          X