No announcement yet.

Truck vs Bike vs Red light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obviously if the vehicle is traveling in the wrong direction & you are stationary there is a difference, but my understanding was that its the driver behinds duty to spot hazards & avoid... like old people who stop in the middle of the road at random with out indicating
    Last edited by Hillz; 17-02-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I'm so confused.
      I've only watched it 4/5 times.
      From what i see the rider was in left lane and then changed into centre lane in front of truck and braked for red light?

Help me a bit tge video is hard to tell?

(I'm gonna watch it a few more times on laptop when i get home and update my position)
      "Redlines are merely suggestions"
      "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

Looks a bit like that to me too. I don't know that it would do any favours in being put forward as evidence the best you could hope for is that it's deemed inconclusive.
        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Had the truck driver stopped for the lights as they must have changed well before he decided to run the red, the incident wouldn't have occurred as the truck would have become stationary at the lights and not hit the bike.

Comment

Cunty dangerous truck driving... risky noob lane (re)positioning.
            Could have been another fatality.
            Glad it was otherwise.
            If the rider is in hardship... glad to chip in and assist.
            That. Is. All.

S.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
              If I was a khunt i'd have offered a few hundred for the whole bike.
              FFS, could you at least go half way and post some photos of the rider?

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Truck vs Bike vs Red light.

This has gone viral on FB, reading through the comments it seems females don't ride bikes! Every comment is aimed at the stupid bloke who switched lanes in front a of a truck then brakes hard.

It actually states the riders moves in text, not sure if made up or the actual riders comments. Says on this that lanes were switched before Amber light.
                Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
                2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
                3. Buy the one with the most Duke
                4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
                etc etc..

Comment

Originally posted by spudda View Post
                  This has gone viral on FB, reading through the comments it seems females don't ride bikes! Every comment is aimed at the stupid bloke who switched lanes in front a of a truck then brakes hard.

It actually states the riders moves in text, not sure if made up or the actual riders comments. Says on this that lanes were switched before Amber light.
                  B doubles in nsw see amber as a another shade of green, rider is the luckiest person riding today.

Comment

She is kicking back taking it well.
                    and getting Lambasted.
                    Beaten herself up for months knowing her mistakes, but questioning her options then and now.
                    No solid line was crossed.

Cant work out where the left lane comments come from.
                    Im at 100 replays and nar she moved from left to right of the centre lane to get to safety.
                    First time it looks like a numpty rider stopping in front of a truck.
                    Airmchair keyboards are being banged hard,
                    the need to watch frame by frame.

Intersection of Pennant hills rd,
                    heading north,
                    uphill rise in sight of lights
                    Caltex on left,
                    downhill starts
                    Trelawney on right,
                    Duffy a few metres further on left.

Car in left lane she was previously beside
                    Car in Right lane further back.

Seems a truck running a red mowing a bike on purpose and metres per second rapidly increasing makes a riders dash for safety nul and void?

I don't know how a rider can go against life preservation and run a red on purpose.
                    This is Sydney, its madness.
                    Duffy Rd and Trawley coming up, and heaps of potential T bones.
                    Last edited by Aufitt; 17-02-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

This has gone viral on FB,
                      Link please
                      Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                      remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                      Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                      Who died while defending his right of way;
                      He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

blahblah..

are you rootin her or something?
                        she changed lanes too close in front of truck. she hit anchors without awareness of what was behind her
                        whether at fault or not according to law, fucked if I know...

either way, it was fucking stupid, and she should stop her fucking motoblogging and learn not to die
                        in one of her other vid, she also hits the anchors without checking mirrors.
                        2 lanes away, a car runs a soft red.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                          are you rootin her or something?
                          she changed lanes too close in front of truck. she hit anchors without awareness of what was behind her
                          whether at fault or not according to law, fucked if I know...

either way, it was fucking stupid, and she should stop her fucking motoblogging and learn not to die
                          in one of her other vid, she also hits the anchors without checking mirrors.
                          2 lanes away, a car runs a soft red.
                          Any message for the Truckie?

Keep on truckin perhaps?

Comment

Cant work out where the left lane comments come from.
                            Im at 100 replays and nar she moved from left to right of the centre lane to get to safety.
                            You've said this twice now, but she got hit while in the left wheel track...

Comment

Any advice? apart from suck it up and get insurance.
                              did you want advice? or someone to back your interpretation and raise a pitchfork?

there is no way in any permutation of events that I would pull in front of a truck at that proximity, even in a car
                              trucks are big, they have large blind spots. I don't want to guess where those spots may be, or whether the driver was looking in another direction while i moved into it, with my black bike, gear and helmet blending into the road at dusk
                              I don't want to guess whether the guy will run a red, or whether I have enough power in my bike to gas outta there when he does.
                              right or wrong doesn't really matter

and you should know better
                              Last edited by Joe Shabadoo; 17-02-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                                did you want advice? or someone to back your interpretation and raise a pitchfork?
                                Not a whinge, nothing, am absolutely impartial.
                                She gets to read all this, (its been good advice here and acted on already),
                                I cant/wont answer questions I don't know the answers to.

Dunno why you read stuff sometimes Joe if you get so worked up, top right is an X.

Comment

Working...
                                X