No announcement yet.

The Insurance Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=76457]rubin[/MENTION] Why is it that when I get a full comp quote from different insurers, I get asked "Have you done a motorcycle training course in the last x years or x months", and yet whether or not I answer that I get no change (better or worse) in my insurance quote ? Am I too young (22) to get some sort of change because of that ? Or is my bike deemed "high risk" regardless of the rider's background because it's a faired supersport ? Always wanted to ask
    Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
      [MENTION=76457]rubin[/MENTION] Why is it that when I get a full comp quote from different insurers, I get asked "Have you done a motorcycle training course in the last x years or x months", and yet whether or not I answer that I get no change (better or worse) in my insurance quote ? Am I too young (22) to get some sort of change because of that ? Or is my bike deemed "high risk" regardless of the rider's background because it's a faired supersport ? Always wanted to ask
      Same for me with swann.

Training/no training, locked/unlocked garage make no difference to my premium, so I go no training and unlocked just in case they are trying to be sneaky and loophole me out of a payment.
      Last edited by nos; 20-01-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal0 View Post
        I've heard good and bad things about QBE - what's your personal opinion on them?

I know you mentioned they were the biggest, but it looks like people have received both good and bad treatment in their hands.
        The only bad part I had was the repairer and having to take it back three times.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by nos View Post
          Same for me with swann.

Training/no training, locked/unlocked garage make no difference to my premium, so I go no training and unlocked just in case they are trying to be sneaky and loophole me out of a payment.
          Huh, that's odd, I've never been asked the training question. I've been asked where I park at home (ie on the street, open carport, garage) but never about training. Could be I'm too old though, old dogs, new tricks etc etc
          Originally posted by mekon
          Why are pirates called pirates?
          Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Perfect combo.. jack up the price, I would wouldn't you? In another 20 years you will look back and think I was lucky to get away with that, or say I did dumb shit when I was younger... the insurers know how it works. Young blokes are invincible - I was too at that stage but I woke up which my insurer knows now!!
            No road to rough no muff to tough.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=76457]rubin[/MENTION].

Are you looking to provide personal advice in accordance with ASIC's regulations and your AFS Licensee's guidelines?

Or simply provide as much generic content as you are able?
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
                Informative post! I only have one question?

Do premiums increase if you happen to ride an R6 and travel through the intersection of newcastle and palmerstone on a Sunday evening (9-10PM)?
                Not if it's a near miss only a collision unless you could prove that the near miss caused you to crash

Originally posted by doopah View Post
                As an ex panel beater I have dealt with many assessors and never had a problem with shannons however they are ridiculously more expensive than Swann when it comes to bikes. They didn't even care about my monitored gps tracking device fitted. There are many differences in the policies compared to Swann which I'm happier to accept for the price difference
                Just a pity that unless you are riding your bike less than a few times a week then they wont insure you They say they'll insure "your daily driver" but not a daily rider

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                Huh, that's odd, I've never been asked the training question. I've been asked where I park at home (ie on the street, open carport, garage) but never about training. Could be I'm too old though, old dogs, new tricks etc etc
                +1 I've been asked several times with both bike and car whether it's in a locked garage or carport and that does affect the price even though the carport is enclosed from the street they don't classify it as secure enough, never been asked about training! Maybe they just reckon I'm awesome enough without it
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                  I just did an online quote..?.. with Swann for bike waste of fkn time... But I was directed to the pay page in 9 clicks.....:-)

Coles...? don't insure bikes?

So now I have a GSX 250 SSM import Katana....AANNNDDDDD an Aristo TT I can't get insured...wtf?

I don't have extra 3rd party on the ute

And the GSX 1100 is never gonna get a policy... now is it..?

And I need insurance...because....? ( I'm a goody 2 shoes'.....yeh nah..)
                  try Famous or Enthusiasts insurance...................

you should be able to google them

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by nos View Post
                    Same for me with swann.

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                    Originally posted by Yakka View Post
                    Perfect combo.. jack up the price, I would wouldn't you? In another 20 years you will look back and think I was lucky to get away with that, or say I did dumb shit when I was younger... the insurers know how it works. Young blokes are invincible - I was too at that stage but I woke up which my insurer knows now!!
                    Some ask, some don't. I'd be surprised if it saves you much more than 2 or 3% of the premiums paid. Unless u have a certificate for it - say no.

Apparently, studies have shown that advanced driver training helps behind the wheel and reduces the chance accidents by as much as 40%, but due to lack of protection on a bike, the same can't be said for advanced rider training.

As far as rating goes, the biggest factors (outside of the bikes actual value) will be riders age, road experience, and the type of bike.

Top end Ducati's, big ninja's (ie the new h2), and moto gp replica bikes (paint schemes etc) will also attract higher premiums as they are targets for thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                      Hey [MENTION=76457]rubin[/MENTION].

Are you looking to provide personal advice in accordance with ASIC's regulations and your AFS Licensee's guidelines?

Or simply provide as much generic content as you are able?
                      I won't be giving anyone personal advice on here. If you have a specific question you can pm and I'll see what I can do to help.

If you are seeking specific and detailed personal advice, taking into account your circumstances etc, pm me and we'll do it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by rubin View Post
                        I thought it may best to start an Insurance thread itself, where I am happy to offer advice, suggestions or solutions to any problems or issues you may have.
                        Originally posted by rubin View Post
                        I won't be giving anyone personal advice on here. If you have a specific question you can pm and I'll see what I can do to help.

If you are seeking specific and detailed personal advice, taking into account your circumstances etc, pm me and we'll do it properly.
                        [MENTION=21401]Loud[/MENTION] and clear?
                        For clarity - are you wanting people to set up a consultation with you (and hence, are using this thread to spruik your services), or are you happy to answer queries, gratis, in this thread?

S.
                        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

The Insurance Thread

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                          [MENTION=21401]Loud[/MENTION] and clear?
                          For clarity - are you wanting people to set up a consultation with you (and hence, are using this thread to spruik your services), or are you happy to answer queries, gratis, in this thread?

S.
                          I'm happy to answer queries, questions etc.

What Loud is referring to goes further than that. I.e on here my answers will be as specific as I can without being defined as personal advice.

If you want personal advice taking into account your personal circumstances, I'm happy to help, but it needs to be done properly and not in a public forum.

Technically domestic insurance (private home, car, bike etc) is retail or general advice anyway, but I didn't think I needed to go into the specifics or provide disclaimers

Comment

Isn't starting an Insurance thread, providing a resume of your experience and suggesting people PM you for personal advice tantamount to advertising, while stating that you aren't advertising?

And isn't retail insurance advice the very type of personal advice that is covered by ASIC, requiring either PS/RG146/Tier II qualifications and an Authorised Representative Licensed to operate by your AFS/ADSL? Know your Client / Know your Product?

I only ask as an experienced and qualified Financial Planner / Insurance Provider BDM / Claims Manager / Compliance Officer.

It's why I asked. If you're on here to provide general info such as "read your PDS" or fact based info, no probs. If you're here to provide opinion cart blanche on an open forum or solicit PMs to give advice and gain clients, not so cochre for a non-Supporter or by ASIC.

Wholesale advice to sophisticated clients is very different to personal advice for retail products...
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

The Insurance Thread

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                              Isn't starting an Insurance thread, providing a resume of your experience and suggesting people PM you for personal advice tantamount to advertising, while stating that you aren't advertising?

And isn't retail insurance advice the very type of personal advice that is covered by ASIC, requiring either PS/RG146/Tier II qualifications and an Authorised Representative Licensed to operate by your AFS/ADSL? Know your Client / Know your Product?

I only ask as an experienced and qualified Financial Planner / Insurance Provider BDM / Claims Manager / Compliance Officer.

It's why I asked. If you're on here to provide general info such as "read your PDS" or fact based info, no probs. If you're here to provide opinion cart blanche on an open forum or solicit PMs to give advice and gain clients, not so cochre for a non-Supporter or by ASIC.

Wholesale advice to sophisticated clients is very different to personal advice for retail products...
                              I'm not advertising anything, simply offering some assistance. Pretty sure I said in the OP, I'm not trying to sell anything, just hoping to offer some assistance where I can.

My statement that if you have something specific you can PM me etc is simply if people are so inclined. I am not telling them to do so, and if someone asks a question that cannot be answered with general information etc, I will so advise.

My statement about the PM and doing it properly is exactly that. I'm not going to do anything to prejudice my license and job.

Again, I'm happy to provide all the disclaimers and detailed information if that would make you feel more comfortable, but I'm not trying to pick up new clients etc through this forum. I really didn't think it was necessary to go into the specific legislations/rules/ASIC compliance etc as most people will have no idea and I'm not offering any personal advice.

Comment

All Insurance Companies are........... WANKERS..............

read their fine print gibberish bullshit
                                Last edited by TROUBLE; 21-01-2017, 01:29 PM.
                                What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Working...
                                X