The Insurance Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
    All Insurance Companies are........... WANKERS..............

read their fine print gibberish bullshit
    until your property is stolen/smashed/ruined.
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by rubin View Post
      I'm not advertising anything, simply offering some assistance. Pretty sure I said in the OP, I'm not trying to sell anything, just hoping to offer some assistance where I can.

My statement that if you have something specific you can PM me etc is simply if people are so inclined. I am not telling them to do so, and if someone asks a question that cannot be answered with general information etc, I will so advise.

My statement about the PM and doing it properly is exactly that. I'm not going to do anything to prejudice my license and job.

Again, I'm happy to provide all the disclaimers and detailed information if that would make you feel more comfortable, but I'm not trying to pick up new clients etc through this forum. I really didn't think it was necessary to go into the specific legislations/rules/ASIC compliance etc as most people will have no idea and I'm not offering any personal advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems obvious to me that all Rubin is trying to do is give people general advise for questions that they might have but don't know who to ask. Much like when someone posts asking for how to fix something or other on their bike, from people with more experience than themselves . Forums are a great way of sharing and expanding everyone's knowledge base. Not everyone is trying to sell stuff 24 7.

Comment

I'm not advertising anything, simply offering some assistance. Pretty sure I said in the OP, I'm not trying to sell anything, just hoping to offer some assistance where I can.

My statement that if you have something specific you can PM me etc is simply if people are so inclined. I am not telling them to do so, and if someone asks a question that cannot be answered with general information etc, I will so advise.

My statement about the PM and doing it properly is exactly that. I'm not going to do anything to prejudice my license and job.

Again, I'm happy to provide all the disclaimers and detailed information if that would make you feel more comfortable, but I'm not trying to pick up new clients etc through this forum. I really didn't think it was necessary to go into the specific legislations/rules/ASIC compliance etc as most people will have no idea and I'm not offering any personal advice.

" as most people will have no idea and I'm not offering personal advice" 'Cept by P.M. mmmm "what you sayin' Willis..?"
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
          until your property is stolen/smashed/ruined.
          Still wankers.
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
            Still wankers.
            How'd you get on with "the side swipe fuktard."...?

Wapol show any interest..? in the vid..
            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Nope.. And Insurance wanted me to foot the bill.

WANKERS...
              What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
                It seems obvious to me that all Rubin is trying to do is give people general advise for questions that they might have but don't know who to ask. Much like when someone posts asking for how to fix something or other on their bike, from people with more experience than themselves . Forums are a great way of sharing and expanding everyone's knowledge base. Not everyone is trying to sell stuff 24 7.
                That is what I took from the post especially given the highlighted section Many on here need to insure their oil rig or pipline?

My primary focus is offshore marine and energy, but I have been involved in both underwriting, claims and broking of personal products (home, contents, motor etc) in the past,
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Remember, they are there to help you, but you need to help yourself first.
                  Wrong. They are there to make a profit. They do this by effectively taking a bet on the risk and cost you may cause them. They do this for a lot of people and therefore it averages out and one claim, which may be too big a cost for one person to bear becomes bearable. And to make a profit out of this they add the cost of their advertising, staff, plus a margin on this cost. All the feelgoodstuff is marketing gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by robbo85 View Post
                    Wrong. They are there to make a profit. They do this by effectively taking a bet on the risk and cost you may cause them. They do this for a lot of people and therefore it averages out and one claim, which may be too big a cost for one person to bear becomes bearable. And to make a profit out of this they add the cost of their advertising, staff, plus a margin on this cost. All the feelgoodstuff is marketing gibberish!
                    Yes indeed. It's called a 'business'.
                    I used to work for a major international company. None of their company cars were insured. In countries where insurance was a legal requirement they underwrote themselves. It was cheaper for them to do this (take the risk themselves) than to insure their fleet.
                    Originally posted by mekon
                    Why are pirates called pirates?
                    Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

does anybody knows any companies that insure moped riders <16 years of age? mate at work is finding it difficult to get for his son...Any brokers around?

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                        does anybody knows any companies that insure moped riders <16 years of age? mate at work is finding it difficult to get for his son...Any brokers around?
                        No one will because he won't have a license if he's under 16.

Comment

17 innit?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

No, that's the point...he has a learners permit. The lad is.trying to do the right thing and insure his ride.

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                              No, that's the point...he has a learners permit. The lad is.trying to do the right thing and insure his ride.
                              The 15yr old can't, and I'd be surprised if it is registered in his name as well.

His old man can, and will provide coverage for Learner use (following all other conditions of a Learner license), but as he is not old enough to drive/ride legally, he can't insure it in his name.

When he gets his license, he will be able to.

Comment

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licen...-r-n-class.asp
                                You can apply for your moped learners at 15 and a half.

Pretty poor effort on the part of insurance companies as a collective if they won't insure someone that is legally allowed to use the road, provided they follow the conditions that apply to them.
                                __________________________________________________ ____________
                                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Working...
                                X