Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney version of Chapman Motorcycles

Action Cycles, Wentworth Ave Sydney.

These guys are the closest to where I live.

My battery died earlier this week so I took a couple of hours off work, went down there and bought a new one. Sweet.

Went for a ride lastnight, bike runs well, starts well and all that crap.

This afternoon I arrange a tyre for my bike, have to pick it up from one shop and walk it next door to Actions. I go to start my bike......dead battery.

I ring Action at 12:30pm and tell them that the battery they sold me is a dud. They tell me that the shops truck will come pick me up. 2pm no sign of the truck.
    2:30pm I ring Actions and ask them whats going on, they give me the number of other bike carriers and I tell them that I refuse to pay for this because they sold me a dud batterie. The parts guy says "I'll call you in an hour and organise something"
    3:45pm I call Actions telling them that I refuse to pay for bike delivery because it's not my fault they sold me a dud battery. I also tell them that my bike is my only form of transport and being Friday arvo, I won't be getting a new tyre put on over the weekend and now can't go anywhere all weekend.

They tell me "it's not our problem, if you want your bike picked up it'll cost you $50"

End result, I'm stuck on base, no bike, nothing to do and no where to fucking go.

For fuck's sake, I just wanna come home.

hahahahahhahahahahhaha

Sorry.. but I'm having a shit day and it's great to laugh at other people's misfortunes. Hope it all works out tho Campo
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

*note to self* cross Chookie of Xmas list - bad boy. Deflate his tyres when I get home.

Comment

Tough break man...Hope it works out ok...

Wot am I saying?? you'll be able to sit on PE all w/end... :shock:
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Hey Campo - if you don't already possess a multi-metre and battery charger, I would suggest it may be a wise and relatively cheap investment - 2 very useful tools.
          www.alertmotorcycleschool.com

7 Cossom Place
          BAYSWATER WA

(08) 9272 3311
          0405 148 062

Comment

Hey Campo - if you don't already possess a multi-metre and battery charger, I would suggest it may be a wise and relatively cheap investment - 2 very useful tools.
            Yeah, just been thinking that, just gives me the shits.

Comment

Yeah - I know. Take it easy.

7 Cossom Place
              BAYSWATER WA

(08) 9272 3311
              0405 148 062

Comment

ahhh the one and only perk of not having a battery :?

that sux dude, all weekend wit no ride
                why is stopping so important??

Comment

On an old bike of mine, I charged my battery with a 14V plug pack I found...

Took the thing outta the bike and left it wired up for around an hour, enough power in it to start it, then rode it around for a while to finish off the charge... 8)

Must admit.. The plug pack wasn't happy tho... :roll:

Comment

Hey Flakey - you said old bike. Were you able to turn off the headlight when riding it?

I was taught to leave the lights off when using this idea. Hence - on later model bikes doesn't work the best. Just disconnect the headlight assembly I guess.

7 Cossom Place
                    BAYSWATER WA

(08) 9272 3311
                    0405 148 062

Comment

Yeah, you can unplug the lights, but I've been told that you don't want to do this for too long, or you can burn out your regulator - cause it has to get rid of the extra power that your lights would otherwise use... My regulator did get pretty hot too...

Comment

Cool

7 Cossom Place
                        BAYSWATER WA

(08) 9272 3311
                        0405 148 062

Comment

But back to the Story of Campo's ....

hahahhahahah

Sorry.. This is the third time I've read it and it has actually brightened my day
                          Sux to be you! hahahhah

Look on the bright side, atleast your bike didn't break down on the equator

Nah, I do hope it all works out Campo.. bike shops that leave people in the lurch should be shot!
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Nah, I do hope it all works out Campo.. bike shops that leave people in the lurch should be shot!
                            Or be put on the PSB forum for all to know about...

Comment

Definately Flakey.. the customer should always be treated with respect, something which that bike shop must have forgotten when dealing with Campo.

Comment

Working...
                              X