015 Fireblade battery today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 015 Fireblade battery today?

Battery has gone flat for the 2nd time recently, today it's stranded at my local servo so I'm trying to get a battery and replace it... nobody has the listed battery (or equivalent) for what must be the most common superbike on the road.. (Yuasa TTZ7S)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Battery world Malaga closes at 4 on Sundays, they might have an alternative brand that's an equivalent to get the bike moving. Otherwise Bunnings and Autocheap sell chargers, could just use that to charge it.
    Rest in Peace

Comment

RAC batteries. They can deliver that one for $141 or $127 if a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
        Battery world Malaga closes at 4 on Sundays, they might have an alternative brand that's an equivalent to get the bike moving. Otherwise Bunnings and Autocheap sell chargers, could just use that to charge it.
        Cheers I just took it out and took it home to charge (already have charger and bike is 2 minute walk from home...) but as it seems to be ongoing I'd rather just replace it. Tried several auto one / supercheap but none have the battery or equivalent. I'll try BW tomorrow

Comment

I'm using an SSB Lithium battery in my bike and it's been fine so far, and I've only heard good things. Might be worth trying it out ?
          Rest in Peace

Comment

I recommend Goodchild Ent in Jandakot to you Tim.

Comment

+1 for Goodchilds Tim, they"re wholesale, so you'll save a bit
              Farrider #41
              I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings,
              I'm a drunk, I go to parties.

Comment

I cannot recommend the SSB batteries strongly enough. Have had one for 5 years without an inkling of an issue. Bike stands for a week at a time, and still she cranks over and starts first time every time.
                Before this battery my bike used to go flat and I had to roll start it regularly. Since SSB, not once!
                Worth every cent if you ask me....

Comment

Goodchild are the go...
                  The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                  G T

Comment

Just called Goodchild, their equivalent in SSB Powersport RTX5LBS, 195CCA, for $46!!

This sounds too good to be true, any comments before I go and grab one? Is there a higher spec option?

ETA just looked at the SSB range looks like about 10 different options... I'll shoot over to Goodchild later, thanks for the recommendations!
                    Last edited by Tim the PM; 29-05-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post
                      Just called Goodchild, their equivalent in SSB Powersport RTX5LBS, 195CCA, for $46!!

This sounds too good to be true, any comments before I go and grab one? Is there a higher spec option?

ETA just looked at the SSB range looks like about 10 different options... I'll shoot over to Goodchild later, thanks for the recommendations!
                      As long as you don't have it on a trickle charger, their Lithium batteries are gold.... in price and quality, but not in weight.
                      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                        As long as you don't have it on a trickle charger, their Lithium batteries are gold.... in price and quality, but not in weight.
                        What's the story with trickle charging them? Cannot be done? Curious before I change mine to a lithium.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                          My bike gets used most days for 100Km commute so no need for trickle charging

Comment

Originally posted by THE GODFATHER View Post
                            What's the story with trickle charging them? Cannot be done? Curious before I change mine to a lithium.
                            SSB recommend charging using a car charger (not a bike charger), and don't recommend trickle chargers... I'm just following the manufacturers recommendation, which can be different for every Lithium battery. Make sure you do your research.

I've had a lithium battery in my race bikes for the last 5 years. Sits for months at a time (last record was 9 months), and it has started up again every time. I've only had one fail, and that was replaced under warranty.
                            Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

$46 for a lithium battery seems to cheap, the dodgy Chinese ones for my RC drift car cost more

even the normal battery i just brought for the ZX10 cost double that

Comment

Working...
                              X