No announcement yet.

015 Fireblade battery today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the go to me. The Blackbird sits for a few months at a time. Seems I only get 1 year out of them even with a trickle charger on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post
      Just called Goodchild, their equivalent in SSB Powersport RTX5LBS, 195CCA, for $46!!

This sounds too good to be true, any comments before I go and grab one? Is there a higher spec option?

ETA just looked at the SSB range looks like about 10 different options... I'll shoot over to Goodchild later, thanks for the recommendations!
      That price is too good to be true, it's for a Pb-Acid battery rather than a Lithium one. SSB's entry level batteries are lead-acid, and the top-spec ones are lithium. Make sure you tell the person at the counter that you want a lithium one before they stamp it..
      Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
        $46 for a lithium battery seems to cheap, the dodgy Chinese ones for my RC drift car cost more

even the normal battery i just brought for the ZX10 cost double that
        No the $46 isn't a Lithium just a standard (tiny) battery.

They have quoted $151 for Lithium but not sure which one (there are 3 different spec lithium batteries on the website) so I'm going to have a look this arvo

Comment

Blue is normal and red is 'high performance' from memory. They usually have more CCA than an equivalent lead battery, so I don't see the need to go all out. Possibly if you're running a race alternator or something ?
          Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
            That price is too good to be true, it's for a Pb-Acid battery rather than a Lithium one. SSB's entry level batteries are lead-acid, and the top-spec ones are lithium. Make sure you tell the person at the counter that you want a lithium one before they stamp it..
            Yeah I thought the price was too cheap even for a lead acid battery. Which spec lithium for daily use? They list "Lithium", Lithium Ultra lite" and "Lithium pro series"

Weight isn't an issue even the OEM weighs hardly anything and its a commuter bike. Reliability is most important.

Cheers

ETA just saw your other reply, yeah the standard lithium is 220CCA so I'll get that one.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Battery king belmont was great for me
              "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post
                Yeah I thought the price was too cheap even for a lead acid battery. Which spec lithium for daily use? They list "Lithium", Lithium Ultra lite" and "Lithium pro series"

Weight isn't an issue even the OEM weighs hardly anything and its a commuter bike. Reliability is most important.

Cheers

ETA just saw your other reply, yeah the standard lithium is 220CCA so I'll get that one.

Thanks for your help!
                Well the LH5L-BS sounds like the ideal battery and the price is ok... pity about Goodchild's stock control system that tells them they have 3 in stock, but when I get there they don't have any

Looks like another trip to Jandakot next week.

Comment

Originally posted by THE GODFATHER View Post
                  What's the story with trickle charging them? Cannot be done? Curious before I change mine to a lithium.
                  It has to do with the chemistry.

You can ram power into a lead acid but not really with lithium cells. That's how you get fire otherwise.

Lithiums should be charged with a raising voltage and a static current until the cell/s return to a a suitable voltage, then you charge them at their peak voltage and low current. It gets even more tricky if you're charging a set of cells, as you need to balance each of them.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries
                  Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

+5000000000 for lite weight lithium batts

Just remember that it is unsprung. caution with drop in @ RAB's .

It does make a difference.
                    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

there's always battery's WA down marshall rd in malaga

niel's back from hols

i just bought a battery for a 675 daytona for under $100

i hear a lot of bike shops are getting out of battery sales

something to do with their suppliers cheaping out on the quality to drive the costs down and compete ,as a consequence selling an inferior product.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
                      X