Bar ends, grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar ends, grips

I have decided to replace the bar ends and grips on my '06 ninja.

The reason for this is that the grips keep slipping down and one bar end is scraped.

So I've done some searching around, both on here and on the www, but there is just so much variety.
    Just hoping to get some opinions on what to buy/not buy etc so as to narrow my options down.

Cheers

Go into the bike shop, choose ones you like and install. Don't overthink it. Use hairspray to install the grips and they won't slip.

Comment

buy the ones that give you the biggest boner

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
        Go into the bike shop, choose ones you like and install. Don't overthink it. Use hairspray to install the grips and they won't slip.
        A technique recommended by renowned Ducati mechanic Vidal Sassoon.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
          buy the ones that give you the biggest boner
          Surely Frosti is at a half lap by now.

Comment

Yeah I think he is. Will update.
            Bless his cotton socks.

Comment

Was more looking online at some, but I suppose there's some places around Perth that have em too.

Installation wise I was told to apply methylated spirits, twist on, then as that evaporates they are held in place.

Comment

Originally posted by david.96 View Post
                Was more looking online at some, but I suppose there's some places around Perth that have em too.

Installation wise I was told to apply methylated spirits, twist on, then as that evaporates they are held in place.
                There's more than one way to skin a cat. Bar ends and grips are so cheap there's really not much cost benefit to buying online, unless you don't have time to get to a shop. Go in and look what they have, feel if the grips are comfortable, feel the weight in the bar ends. Bit hard to do online.

Comment

Yeah mate, give that a go aye

Comment

What's some good places in Perth that sell them? Cullys perhaps?

Comment

From armadale?
                      Cannington motorcycles on albany hwy would be closer
                      Or motorcycle masters in kewdale

There's a place in kenwick, but ive not been there personally

is rocko closer?
                      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Bar ends, grips

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                        From armadale?
                        Cannington motorcycles on albany hwy would be closer
                        Or motorcycle masters in kewdale

There's a place in kenwick, but ive not been there personally

is rocko closer?
                        Cheers mate will check them both out
                        Last edited by david.96; 30-05-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Renthal kevlar look like ass, but wear like they are made from stone while remaining super grippy

Comment

hairspray works good...... for about 3 weeks, then you are 100km from home or way out in the middle of the bush on a horrible wet day all of a sudden running throttles on both sides. sucks big time

glue is the only true answer

Oh and pro grip is another good answer

Comment

Hairspray works well until you have to ride in the wet.
                              Grip glue. It is cheap. You've already had the pleasure of slipping grips. Why would you subject yourself to the same indignancy again?
                              As for grips, I'm partial to ProGrip dual compound gel grips for the sport bikes, and Oxford heated grips for the touring bikes (which are super glued on). The ProGrips will last about 2 years of daily use, and the Oxfords, I haven't worn out a set yet.
                              If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Working...
                              X