City motorcycle parking... footpaths.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City motorcycle parking... footpaths.

Article on p16 of todays west on a PCC push for footpath parking... hopefully sanity prevails and this goes ahead.

Good on the two councillors that are promoting this from within ranks.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Article: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/scoot...-ng-b88492649z

Comment

So I'm interested to see if they are talking about putting in more longer term parking for motorbikes around the city, especially as they are using the Mounts Bay Road parking area as an example. Even then, I think I have only ever run into the issue of paid parking in the city being full for bikes (at least where I normally am) and I don't think I've ever seen the street parking full except when it's with bikes overstaying the limit or once it becomes free parking on a Friday night.

But this is only for my tiny little corner of the city. Have others had similar or different experiences?

Comment

Personally they should have done this ages ago free parking for motorcycle and can park on footsteps.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Just like Melbourne^^

Would be great to see it go ahead, as long as people are sensible about it.

When I worked in East Perth it was a struggle to find parking but there were a few spots where hotels had free motorbike parking.

Now in Subiaco, bugger all parking around. Either an area beneath a ramp at the shopping centre so its out of the way or risk it against whoever is patrolling. Parking in the car bays along the streets hasn't gotten me in trouble, yet. Parked on the verge in between the tree and and the road (so not an area anyone would walk, ever), got a fine straight away.

Parking in the city sucks though, was riding in for meetings and anywhere close to where I needed to be had 30min or 1hr limits.
          '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
            and can park on footsteps.
            That could prove to be quite tricky..

Comment

I give it a month before OH&S decides the Harleys, Ducatis and 2-strokes make footpaths a slip hazard. And the Monkey bikes a trip hazard.
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
                That could prove to be quite tricky..
                Don't tell me how and where I can park

Footpath
                "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Is it correct that parking a motorcycle in a CPP car bay is illegal and cops a fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath View Post
                    Is it correct that parking a motorcycle in a CPP car bay is illegal and cops a fine?
                    As far as I know, yes.

Now they have wiped out a lot of the kerb side parking for all vehicles and increased the footpath size this does become viable. Probably will only apply to certain streets with wide paths but bring it on I say.

Lets all send Lisa $50 and she will make it happen I am sure.
                    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath View Post
                      Yes, I parked in a car bay and paid full price because everywhere else was full. When I returned Mr ticket Giver was writing away. I discussed the matter with him and he pointed out the empty bike bays. I told him they where full when I parked there. The conversation went on for quite a while and I left a little poorer than I started out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE GODFATHER View Post
                        Yes, I parked in a car bay and paid full price because everywhere else was full. When I returned Mr ticket Giver was writing away. I discussed the matter with him and he pointed out the empty bike bays. I told him they where full when I parked there. The conversation went on for quite a while and I left a little poorer than I started out.
                        Nah, they were in the wrong. They tried it on me once, I wrote them a letter and included a copy of my ticket - got a letter back saying "fair 'nuff, try not to do it again".
                        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by THE GODFATHER View Post
                          Well doing the right thing doesnt seem to pay off so put your plate in your bag next time

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                            Just like Melbourne^^

Would be great to see it go ahead, as long as people are sensible about it.
                            I moved to Melbourne late last year and its great to be able to park on the footpaths, though they have just banned it in some streets around St Kilda.

As you said, people have to be sensible about it. I feel in Perth there'll be some fuckwits who will ruin it for everyone else by purposely parking in the middle of foot traffic...most likely on a 250 Ninja wearing a DriRider textile jacket with a GoPro mounted to their helmet.

Comment

footpath parking in the city would be great - something good for me to look at when I go for my lunchtime walk!

Also make it more difficult for bike thieves

Comment

Working...
                              X