Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aldi's motorbike gear sale on again - Saturday 19th of August.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi's motorbike gear sale on again - Saturday 19th of August.

Title pretty much says it all.

You usually get a catalogue in your letterbox but in this weather, it's probably a soggy mess or the person doing the junk mail is staying at home instead.

No idea what's up for sale this time round, Interweb's talking about tank bags and rear stands though. In any case, set your alarm clocks and be there early otherwise you'll miss out on the erm, Aldibuy.
    Last edited by Cone Cat; 09-08-2017, 10:15 PM.

as feedback last year i bought a bike cover and bluetooth headset from Aldi, both still 100% alive and work fine
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

i bought one of each helmet, high boots, leather gloves and picked up a bluetooth headset after. very happy.

the mrs is looking at getting into riding aswell so will be getting her a basic setup.
      Originally posted by Paraletic
      little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

also. i cant find catalogue. how you find this out?
        Originally posted by Paraletic
        little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

catalog not officially out yet...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, i found the link via https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/322943

Comment

Originally posted by Benny D View Post
            also. i cant find catalogue. how you find this out?
            Go into a store and get one They come out a week before Was just there and forgot to get a new one, which would more than likely be it.

They start lining up at 7.50am in Mundaring for an 8.30am open time :O

Also, point your other half our way www.wawmr.org

Comment

+ 1/2 for blue tooth headsets bought 2 last year
              Was v impressed with the ease of use ,clarity etc.
              One has, however, recently ( last month?)succumbed to the ravages of time, being used as music player for Mrs's daily all weather commute.
              I think the battery no longer charges ,might even be fixable.
              And a couple of weeks prior the helmet clip broke (helmet thrown in annoyance of flat tyre)

Still, would buy another if hadn't just replaced with sena unit with camera (yes, replaced her helmet as well, as i suspect she may have kicked it also)

Haven't tested to see if they (aldi unit & sena ) "talk" to each other yet
              Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                And a couple of weeks prior the helmet clip broke (helmet thrown in annoyance of flat tyre)
                Still, would buy another if hadn't just replaced with sena unit with camera (yes, replaced her helmet as well, as i suspect she may have kicked it also)
                bah ha ha, will have to ask her about that

Comment

Helmets for $79, jeeeeeezzzzussssss. Shoei must have a profit margin of +1000%.

Might have to check out the bluetooth headset, need to replace headphones so that could work.
                  '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post

Might have to check out the bluetooth headset, need to replace headphones so that could work.
                    I bought one as a backup last time, its ok, fit was nice, but if your doing any kinda speed, you'll notice your heading being pulled left and right.
                    Bought a Kibuto and sold the aldi helmet to a scooter rider. its fine for a backup, but i wouldnt ride every day?

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                      I for real laughed out loud at this. I hope to fuck you don't actually believe that's the case!

Comment

Originally posted by Sn0wcr45h View Post
                        fit was nice, but if your doing any kinda speed, you'll notice your heading being pulled left and right.
                        like a dirt bike helmet once you go over 130 or so

Comment

My Aldi paddock stand works a treat my bike is off the ground quality is good

Comment

My aldi mesh jacket is just fine

Originally posted by Benzo View Post
                            I for real laughed out loud at this. I hope to fuck you don't actually believe that's the case!
                            Its not as if you see shoei books, just wholesale vs retail price. There would be a good markup for sure
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                              Its not as if you see shoei books, just wholesale vs retail price. There would be a good markup for sure
                              Yeah it's totally 1000% and a $79 helmet provides the same level of protection, comfort, ventilation, fit, finish and longevity!

Dude.

I'm sure Aldi stuff is fine until you crash hard and at speed in it. It's priced cheaply and it's certainly better than no gear at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X