Carrying licence when riding/driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying licence when riding/driving

Just wondering....does anyone know if having a photo of the front and rear of your licence on your phone would be sufficient for our dear friends in blue, or do they need to see the actual licence???

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

No as it's not your license. It's a representation/image of. Just like a passport official won't accept a photo on your phone to allow you access to a country.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Yeah [MENTION=7689]mekon[/MENTION] ...makes sense

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
      God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

Comment

I actually photocopied mine and always had it in my bike jacket along with a bank card and a bit of dosh. I think I presented it once and no issue - they can always run the licence number. I don't believe you legally have to have it on you and you have a reasonable amount of time (24 hours or so) to present it at a cop shop if they request to see an original. But as per Mekon, no, it'll never pass for the original.

Comment

To hand over something gernic to a cop who's had a pissed off day, like we all have had from time to time.
          But it's not about being the perfect citizen either.
          It takes less time put in your jacket than print a copy.

Comment

If you don't carry your wallet with you then make a colour copy of your ilcence (eg OfficeWorks) and keep a $20 or $50 note in your helmet lining.
            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltie View Post
              To hand over something gernic to a cop who's had a pissed off day, like we all have had from time to time.
              But it's not about being the perfect citizen either.
              It takes less time put in your jacket than print a copy.
              As said, it's not a requirement to have it on you.
              1 photocopy, once. Leave in jacket vs taking a bulky wallet with you each time that doesn't fit well in a jacket pocket or risks falling out of a jeans pocket? I'll take the photocopy thanks.

Comment

I never carry mine, it would get lost if I ut it in my pocket. I just tell them my DL number, if they really want to see it, you just need to report to the station within 24 hrs.

Never been an issue, have never had to do that

Comment

So long as you remember your name and date of birth, you will be ok. Oh and if the pic that comes up when they check, should at least looks like you.

Comment

Originally posted by clobber View Post
                    So long as you remember your name and date of birth, you will be ok. Oh and if the pic that comes up when they check, should at least looks like you.
                    This

Comment

My license doesn't even have my R-E class printed on it so hardly any point in the officer seeing it. I know my DL number off the top of my head.

DoT want some ridiculous amount of money for a reprint!

Comment

Originally posted by Alternate View Post
                        DoT want some ridiculous amount of money for a reprint!
                        Isn't it only about $35 for a new one?

Comment

I've never been asked to present my licence at a station. Ive been stopped 4 times in the last year without it. Twice they checked at the roadside, twice they wrote my details down to check later.

Never a problem.
                          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by Benzo View Post
                            Isn't it only about $35 for a new one?
                            For a laminated piece of paper with a hologram I consider that too much... especially when they'll expect that payment again after I sit (and hopefully pass) my R license.

Comment

Originally posted by Alternate View Post
                              For a laminated piece of paper with a hologram I consider that too much... especially when they'll expect that payment again after I sit (and hopefully pass) my R license.
                              The only problem is, there's a disconnect between DoT and WAPOL - at least there was. I got pulled up and showed my licence - it didn't have R class on it and they looked it up on their system and it didn't show that I had R class. I said well shit, what can I do - I ended up scanning in a copy of my R class test paper. This was about 8-10 years ago but wasn't an uncommon issue then and knowing how incompetent they can be, probably hasn't been fixed yet... so carry around your test paper - that's what I did until my licence got reissued.

Comment

Working...
                              X