Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark EvoOne modular helmet review needed

Hi there,
    I am in the market for new helmet and had a look at Shark EvoOne modular(flip up). I liked it but for the price tag of around 600 i wanted to know if anyone owns one and is kind enpugh to share their experience here. Also any suggestion for other flip up helmet is welcomed too.
    Regards
    Vish

Fibreglass shell, voluptuous interior, has the advantage of acting as a full face or open face, great safety rating. Nice helmet, but:

Have you tried one on for fit?
    Why have you decided on a flip up helmet? It's a compromise and an equivalent full face will be tonnes lighter and smaller and breathe better.
    Have you checked availability - it has been terrible all year.

The Shark distributor in Australia is bad. Warranty returns for Shark are notoriously high, although better for that helmet.

The Shoei GT Air has the advantage of a designated Sena unit.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Thanks Loud for quick reply.
      I have tried it and liked it. The reason for flipup is my glasses as i find hard in some full face helmets. I m going to try other full face to make sure my glasses can be wore without much issues.
      I will try few of them before deciding to spend 500-600 bucks.
      Appreciate ur reply.
      Vish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a full face and wear specs...just have to fiddle a little....also got one with a built in sun visor....you could always try Vaseline lol!
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

OGK Kabuto R31, Bell Star Panavision, Shoei RYD or a clearance NXR, Airoh, so many designed to fit glasses with Composite shells that are more aerodynamic and come in around the same price point while being designed to fit glasses. Even some of the Shark full facers.
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Funny that your issue is glasses. I tried one of the Shark flip ups when last helmet buying, vs a Shoei Multi Tec. Could not get the Shark on without dislodging glasses, whereas I could get the Shoei on, so that sealed the deal. Shoei was more expensive, but Causeway Kawasaki did me a good deal.
            On the general subject of flip-ups v fixed FF, once you have had a flip up you generally don't go back. Unless, of course, you just do short runs. Convenience of being able to drink on the move, talk at stops or stoplights, leave your glasses on the whole time --and the more you ride, the more convenient it becomes. Short rides/occasional riders, probably not worth the extra cost. I even mostly get away with leaving it on at fuel stops, outside of Perth metro.
            " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

Originally posted by vishwo707 View Post
              Thanks Loud for quick reply.
              I have tried it and liked it. The reason for flipup is my glasses as i find hard in some full face helmets. I m going to try other full face to make sure my glasses can be wore without much issues.
              I will try few of them before deciding to spend 500-600 bucks.
              Appreciate ur reply.
              Vish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
              I used to buy flip up helmets for the same reason, last one was a Shark evoline which fell to bits under warranty...

Anyway, I now buy my spectacles with the straight arms, known as "skull grip" type, like these;

https://www.visiondirect.com.au/desi...SABEgIXUvD_BwE

With the straight arms, you can put a full face lid on and then put your specs on thru the opening.
              I currently wear a hyper expensive Shoei GT-air.

Comment

Working...
              X