Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pants recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Marlinblade View Post
    Just bought a couple of pairs of these myself. They haven't arrived as yet though. The quality any good on them? They seemed pretty reasonable for the price anyways. They will match up alright for the dress code on my next project so figured i'd give them a go...
    Been pretty impressed! Not sure they would hold up as well as Kevlar jeans but the build quality is pretty good.

    I’d happily get another pair and/or try their jeans

    Originally posted by dwillia View Post

    edit: I found them - how do the sizes compare to other brands?
    I also found them pretty true to size, maybe slightly on the tight side

    Comment


    • #17
      Yes, I recommend pants while riding. Please wear them

      I always wore kevlar cargos or kevlar jeans over work pants. It seems we have been able to collectively lower the dress standard at work so now I just wear normal jeans which I'm ok with on the bike - i definitely wasn't with thin work pants hence wearing something over the top *shudder at the thought of sliding down the road in work pants*

      Comment


      • #18
        Kevlar jeans every day of the year, waterproof top layer when needed. You'll get used to changing at work in no time, and what does it take, 60 seconds if that? I guess it depends if you need to walk for a while to find a private place to change.
        Originally posted by boeman
        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

        I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          Yes, I recommend pants while riding. Please wear them

          I always wore kevlar cargos or kevlar jeans over work pants. It seems we have been able to collectively lower the dress standard at work so now I just wear normal jeans which I'm ok with on the bike - i definitely wasn't with thin work pants hence wearing something over the top *shudder at the thought of sliding down the road in work pants*

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by crispymk2 View Post
            Been pretty impressed! Not sure they would hold up as well as Kevlar jeans but the build quality is pretty good.

            I’d happily get another pair and/or try their jeans



            I also found them pretty true to size, maybe slightly on the tight side
            Crossing over from the textile pants thread - beware when buying "kevlar" lined trousers/chinos/jeans from lesser known brands.

            it would appear that not all kevlars aint kevlars - the quality of some of the so called kevlar linings out there has had me requesting the seller check with their supplier as to the authenticity of their so called kevlar.

            Kevlar is of course a specialist material, seems like some dodgy chinese stuff is out there being sold as kevlar. No way would I trust this stuff to protect me in an upset

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dwillia View Post
              it would appear that not all kevlars aint kevlars
              That's what lead up to the CE EN13595 standard being created. Garments that have been tested to meet that standard have to meet minimum abrasion, impact, and tear resistance. Unfortunately it's quite expensive for manufacturers to get the testing done at approved laboratories, so the smaller brands end up hovering ambiguously around the edge of the market and it's 'buyer beware'

              I believe "they" are creating a new standard to test a broader range of gear more cheaply.
              Originally posted by devolved
              I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
                That's what lead up to the CE EN13595 standard being created. Garments that have been tested to meet that standard have to meet minimum abrasion, impact, and tear resistance. Unfortunately it's quite expensive for manufacturers to get the testing done at approved laboratories, so the smaller brands end up hovering ambiguously around the edge of the market and it's 'buyer beware'

                I believe "they" are creating a new standard to test a broader range of gear more cheaply.
                Well that's good to know, trap for the uninitiated - I won't publicly name the company but suffice to say I will never buy anything "kevlar" that I haven't held in my hands and felt the quality of.

                Comment

                Working...
                X