Pants recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants recommendations?

Sorry if this has been asked a lot before but I am interested in knowing what others wear if they commute to work each day.

I have to wear trousers, shirt tie etc. for work and ideally would like to find a paid of pants that I can just wear over the top of my trousers.

The shops always try and sell me jeans which would requite me taking another pair of pants and changing at work. My commute is only 10-15 minutes so don't really want to wear stuff that takes longer to put on and take off than it does for me to get to work.

I can find plenty of overpants from sellers overseas but the range in Australia seems to be REALLY limited. Half the stuff I can find on websites like Alpinestars etc. don't seem to be available in Australia and the shipping costs from overseas are just exorbitant. I'm also worried that if I order something it won't fit anyway (I tried on a paid of Dririder pants a few weeks back and they were just WAY too big, even in a small) and by the time I return it overseas I will be out over $100+. Is this a general problem with motorcycle stuff that a heap of gear is just not sold in Australia?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've tried this but due to heavy perspiration I gave up

Comment

Yeah layering up sucks in Perth's climate. I wear chinos to work and I just ride in them. It's a compromise on safety but my commute is about the same and I'm good with it. Boots, gloves, and a leather jacket though, always. Or ride in jeans and get changed at work. Easy to bring a backpack in daily or just on Monday with shirts and trousers for the week and hang them up on the back of your door. Any good employer in the city will have decent end of trip facilities. I'm over pressed trousers now. I won't work anywhere that expects more than chinos and a nice shirt unless I'm giving a presentation or something.
      EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
        Yeah layering up sucks in Perth's climate. I wear chinos to work and I just ride in them. It's a compromise on safety but my commute is about the same and I'm good with it. Boots, gloves, and a leather jacket though, always. Or ride in jeans and get changed at work. Easy to bring a backpack in daily or just on Monday with shirts and trousers for the week and hang them up on the back of your door. Any good employer in the city will have decent end of trip facilities. I'm over pressed trousers now. I won't work anywhere that expects more than chinos and a nice shirt unless I'm giving a presentation or something.
        same here - if I had longer than 10 mins commute I would change at work but I wear boots, jacket and gloves every time.

Comment

I wear kevlar jeans over work pants in the morning (keeps the jewels extra warm too) + leather jacket (over business shirt).
          After work when it warms up, just the kevlar.

I also wear boots and work shoes in bag, but could easily leave a pair at work.

Comment

I wear kevlar over dress pants with the rest of my normal gear, and my smock is fine under my jacket. A bit of sweat doesn't phase me as much as squidding does
            Rest in Peace

Comment

Pro tip, roll your pants instead of folding them.

No creases, quick change at work and you are good to go. No other way around the heat, layers suck.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                Yeah layering up sucks in Perth's climate.
                This is true in summer obviously but most of the year it's not that hot so I don't see why a pair of mesh pants over the top wouldn't work well, especially on a a short 10 or 15 minute commute. In the heat of the summer it sucks of course, but I am off work for half the summer anyway (teacher) so it would only really be a concern for maybe the first month of the year.

It would be nice if I could just wear chinos but the dress code is pretty strict at private schools still.

I am going to Japan at the end of this year so perhaps I will need to have a look over there and see if they have a better range than here in Aussie.

Comment

I've been using the Shark Leathers Chinos for the last couple of months. Been really good but might not be "corporate" enough if you normally wear dress pants

Comment

I'd rock some leather chinos

Comment

Originally posted by crispymk2 View Post
                      I've been using the Shark Leathers Chinos for the last couple of months. Been really good but might not be "corporate" enough if you normally wear dress pants
                      Just bought a couple of pairs of these myself. They haven't arrived as yet though. The quality any good on them? They seemed pretty reasonable for the price anyways. They will match up alright for the dress code on my next project so figured i'd give them a go...

Comment

these chinos sound like they're worth a look but I couldn't find them - but there are these!

http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/unis...arr-fibre.html

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                        these chinos sound like they're worth a look but I couldn't find them - but there are these!

http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/unis...arr-fibre.html
                        edit: I found them - how do the sizes compare to other brands?

Comment

i wear no pants. just lube up with baby oil so if i go down i slide easy with no damage.
                          Originally posted by Paraletic
                          little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tron View Post
                              I wear kevlar jeans over work pants in the morning (keeps the jewels extra warm too) + leather jacket (over business shirt).
                              After work when it warms up, just the kevlar.

I also wear boots and work shoes in bag, but could easily leave a pair at work.
                              +1 I have a pair of oversize Draggin jeans I slip over the top of my trousers and it works well, does get a little warm in summer in the arvo but not too bad, I'm more worried about sweating under my jacket

Speaking of my jacket I run a Joe Rocket Alter Ego which allows me to remove the outer textile and leave a mostly mesh jacket with armour still on the shoulders/outer arms if really hot
                              In fact in summer I leave the textile off in the cool mornings but put the vinyl liner on under and then ride home without the liner
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X