What’s your bike’s nickname?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your bike’s nickname?

In recent discussions I discovered that the GSXF is referred to as the teapot. It occurred to me that my knowledge of bike nicknames is a little dated, so it might be a good idea to compile a list. Here are the ones I know about. Feel free to add to it

Suzuki GSX750F: teapot
    Any old R Series beemer: airhead
    K100RS: flying brick
    Honda Gold Wing: lead wing
    Yamaha XS1100: the tractor
    Suzuki GT750: water bottle
    Kawasaki Mach III: death trap / widow maker
    Honda 900 Bol’dor: roller door

What are some others?

Z1000 - the Zed
    Z800 - the Zee

I'm a simple man
    Originally posted by boeman
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Can Am Spyder - spidey (senses tingling...)

Comment

Yamaha TDM: tedium
        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Daytona 675 - ‘tona (who would’ve thought)
          Super Duke 990 - ‘The 990’ or ‘SD9’ on KTM pages

Outside of my own stable:
          DRZ400 - dizzer
          XR650 - pig or BRP
          Street Triple 675 - streety or striple

I’m sure there’s millions more
          Rest in Peace

Comment

Harley Davidson.......?

Suzuki GT750 Teapot/Kettle/ Water Buffalo
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Kawasaki Mach IV was nicknamed the Widow Maker
              https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...of-kawasaki-h2
              __________________________________________________ ____________
              "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Apparently one I have (SP1) was known as a Duck eater. Ms Chew named it Drax as it is red and black and looks dangerous.

I have heard Harley's called Highly Dangerous and Hardly Dangerous.
                Triumphs, Nortons, BSA & Ducati = Oil Leak
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

CBR1000F (hurricane)= the Cain
                  Born to ride forced to work

Comment

Green One
                    Green Two
                    Green/White
                    Black
                    Yellow

And occasionally, “Start you Cunt!”.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
                    Mach III was known as ‘The Widowmaker.’ It was produced 4 years before the Mach IV

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                      Apparently one I have (SP1) was known as a Duck eater. Ms Chew named it Drax as it is red and black and looks dangerous.

I have heard Harley's called Highly Dangerous and Hardly Dangerous.
                      Triumphs, Nortons, BSA & Ducati = Oil Leak
                      BSA also stands for Bloody Sore Arse

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
                        I rode one of those things once. One of the scariest fucking experiences of my life. Before Yamaha invented the power valve strokers were known for their peaky powerband and the Mach 4 was the very worst example of it. And to make matters worse the fuckwit that owned this particular bike put chambers on it. Up until about 5k revs it’s a fucking slug but when it hit the powerband HOLEEE SHIIIITT!! The front wheels pointing at the sky and I’m flapping off the handlebars. Redline is 7k I think so all the power is produced in about 1000 to 1500 rpm. Couple that with a lightweight frame that used to flex and shithouse brakes it’s no wonder so many blokes were killed on them

Comment

I survived the Mach IV with chambers, clip ons, porting etc.
                          They were a magnificent motorcycle.
                          The brakes were State of the Art of the time. A quick conversion gave you twin rotors at the front.
                          A set of Konis on the rear, 3 20 cent pieces under the fork caps made them pretty bloody good for my weight.
                          Frame flex was a trait of a number of bikes of the same era and was not limited to Japanese bikes.
                          Comparison wise at the time they were an exceptional bike.
                          I bought my Mach IV and Z1 over a CB750/4. If you want to talk fucking awful bikes in comparison start with those.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                            I survived the Mach IV with chambers, clip ons, porting etc.
                            They were a magnificent motorcycle.
                            The brakes were State of the Art of the time. A quick conversion gave you twin rotors at the front.
                            A set of Konis on the rear, 3 20 cent pieces under the fork caps made them pretty bloody good for my weight.
                            Frame flex was a trait of a number of bikes of the same era and was not limited to Japanese bikes.
                            Comparison wise at the time they were an exceptional bike.
                            I bought my Mach IV and Z1 over a CB750/4. If you want to talk fucking awful bikes in comparison start with those.
                            Yeah they were certainly an exceptional machine. Back when the coolest thing you could turn up to your local cafe on was a Norton Commando or Bonny, imagine how mind blowing it was to turn up on a screaming, wheel stand pulling stroker with a power to weight ratio that was off the charts.
                            I went for a water bottle instead- the only serious attempt at a 2 stroke tourer ever built. It was a big heavy fucking slug of a thing compared to the kwaka but still surprisingly quick

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                              Mach III was known as ‘The Widowmaker.’ It was produced 4 years before the Mach IV
                              Bleedin' hell, can't even glean facts off Google anymore!! At least I got the manufacturer right haha.
                              Cheers for that
                              __________________________________________________ ____________
                              "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Working...
                              X