Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chain Maintenance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    I don’t get it. What does it do?
    You put it in front of or behind your rear tyre then roll the bike onto it in the direction you've chosen, once the bike is sitting on the rollers you can lean it back over onto the side stand and the rollers allow you to rotate the rear wheel for cleaning or maintenance.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

    when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by filbert View Post
      You put it in front of or behind your rear tyre then roll the bike onto it in the direction you've chosen, once the bike is sitting on the rollers you can lean it back over onto the side stand and the rollers allow you to rotate the rear wheel for cleaning or maintenance.
      Gotcha. Not a bad idea

      Comment


      • #33
        I'd still want to use a front wheel chock to hold the bike upright and steady.

        Is it really that difficult to pull out the rear stand once a week?
        “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

        Comment


        • #34
          When you don't have a nice flat concrete driveway readily available...yes it is.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
            Scottoiler messy but effective, very effective.
            +100 I love my SO, current chain/sprockets are @ ~80 000km's old and the chain has only been adjusted ~1/2 the way so far and runs smooth
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

            98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jlenard View Post
              https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...gment=1&page=1

              I've picked myself up one of these last week. Yet to give it a go but looks foolproof to me. Not sure how it will go getting the bike off but should be straightforward. Hopefully saves pulling out the paddock stand every week for just a regular chain lube.
              Clicked and collected, they're a clearance item and stocks are getting low. It looks good and is rated to 225Kg, so it may well handle a bit more than that.
              The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
              G T

              Comment


              • #37
                It's no bloody use when you got a flat rear tyre...
                The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                G T

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
                  It's no bloody use when you got a flat rear tyre...
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                  98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                    +100 I love my SO, current chain/sprockets are @ ~80 000km's old and the chain has only been adjusted ~1/2 the way so far and runs smooth
                    Honestly I don't understand why motorcycles arn't fitted with autolubers right out of the factory. I never need to clean my chain and the chain lasts at least twice as long. My autolubers amortice after 20Mm.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jlenard View Post
                      https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...gment=1&page=1

                      I've picked myself up one of these last week. Yet to give it a go but looks foolproof to me. Not sure how it will go getting the bike off but should be straightforward. Hopefully saves pulling out the paddock stand every week for just a regular chain lube.
                      Curious to know how one would go sitting on their bike with the rear wheel on that and then putting it in gear and letting rip. At a guess, it would be ok until you exceeded 20kph for any period over 10 seconds before it gets launched out the back and you launch yourself and pride and joy though the back wall of your garage and end up in the kitchen.

                      "Hi!!! I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is bike launch".
                      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        You put it in front of or behind your rear tyre then roll the bike onto it in the direction you've chosen, once the bike is sitting on the rollers you can lean it back over onto the side stand and the rollers allow you to rotate the rear wheel for cleaning or maintenance.
                        Found a better option at Supercheap. A proper paddock stand for $115. It’s called an Aluminium Motorcycle Stand. Sorted

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jlenard View Post
                          https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...gment=1&page=1

                          I've picked myself up one of these last week. Yet to give it a go but looks foolproof to me. Not sure how it will go getting the bike off but should be straightforward. Hopefully saves pulling out the paddock stand every week for just a regular chain lube.
                          Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
                          It's no bloody use when you got a flat rear tyre...
                          I can now tell you they work a treat when there's air in the tyre, very smooth and easy to turn the wheel.
                          The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                          G T

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X