Chain Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Maintenance

Right I’ve just got myself a chain driven bike for about the first time in 20 years. How often do I lubricate it and with what? Presumably we’ve moved on from the occasional squirt with WD40

Nope.....WD40 lube of champions!

The only downside is - reapplication every 400kms or so.

Comment

Hey 👋 chuck I’m using tac2 at them moment (I’m sure there are better products) I clean and lube my chain once a fortnight(or every second tank) . I clean it with kero and brush then wipe with a rag if clean enough I give it a light lube up so it’s not dry go for ride and warm up the chain the lube up. Don’t clean your chain with stuff like brake parts cleaner, degreaser,wax and grease remover or anything else that is harmful to the orings in the chain.
      Born to ride forced to work

Comment

CLS auto luber

Comment

Inox is the shit

Comment

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=170218
            RR VRT #100
            Sponsors Wanted.
            Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
            A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Whatever Cully's put on my chain when they serviced it last is the best product I've seen. It's white and kinda waxy, doesn't fling, doesn't pick up crap, and has staying power.

[MENTION=52873]Benzo[/MENTION] You know what it is?
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Probably just normal yamalube stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                  Whatever Cully's put on my chain when they serviced it last is the best product I've seen. It's white and kinda waxy, doesn't fling, doesn't pick up crap, and has staying power.

[MENTION=52873]Benzo[/MENTION] You know what it is?
                  It's 'Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube' and works really well on road bikes as well as dirt bikes.

Comment

When I bother/remember, it's Motul Chain Clean and a grunge brush followed by Motul Chain Lube (Road).
                    Last edited by Sauer; 12-12-2018, 09:32 AM.
                    __________________________________________________ ____________
                    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

im pretty sure 95% of memebers here have shares in chain & or lube companys, never have a seen a bunch of people so concerned about a consumable item.

run the bastard till its noisey then spray with WD40 as needed.. replace when stretched beyond adjusters.... ive never cleaned a chain in my life

Comment

Scottoiler messy but effective, very effective.
                        The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                        G T

Comment

Occasinal wipe down with WD40 and keep looser rather than too tight.
                          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Love their byline;

This is really good and doesn't turn your rear wheel black and speckly;

I am currently still using up a pack of twelve cans of Shell chain lube a mate gave me.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Inox is very good.

Google & youtube have heaps of Motorcycle content Advice, start your research there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_c_Wi1l3Fg

Comment

Working...
                              X