what the fuck are ppls doing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the fuck are ppls doing?!

As most of u know i am an electrician... so i spend most of my day driving from job to job. Now i have noticed that their are an increasing number of big bikes on the road during the day and a shit load of 250's.

I counted 51 riders in 1 day who were riding in shorts and t-shirt. 3 sports bike riders wearing leather harley riders vests. 1 guy wearing what i can only describe as a leather jacket with the summer lining in minus the leather (just net and armour) with a dianesse back protector on, no gloves with shorts and thongs. And 4 guys in the right gear.

I get the feeling no one cares about their skins?

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Re: what the fuck are ppls doing?!

they will afta they come off!!! ... too late den...

Comment

Didn't ya know... Crashes only happen to other people...

Oh, and it's easier to just get on and ride...
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

I've seen one guy Riding RED R1 me think, at the mundarling weir dam road.

in FULL RED racing SUIT!!!, the day wasnt that hot and IT was wicket when he passed...

it look like he is one piece with the BIKE

very nice

Comment

Re: what the fuck are ppls doing?!

As most of u know i am an electrician... so i spend most of my day driving from job to job. Now i have noticed that their are an increasing number of big bikes on the road during the day and a shit load of 250's.

I counted 51 riders in 1 day who were riding in shorts and t-shirt. 3 sports bike riders wearing leather Fartly riders vests. 1 guy wearing what i can only describe as a leather jacket with the summer lining in minus the leather (just net and armour) with a dianesse back protector on, no gloves with shorts and thongs. And 4 guys in the right gear.

Man dont get me wrong. I think everyone should be wearing the right shit too. But will everyone quit bitching about it? Its one thing to educate... past that it comes down to personal choice.
          If you can... you MUST!

Comment

I have been adding some links to nasty road rash pics.... As long as PSB community is educated then that is all I can hope to do.. But yeah its crazy, I pulled up alongised a zx9 cpl days ago wearing jeans etc on a hot day and he said wasn;t it too hot. I replied its a lot better then spending 3 weeks in hospital getting skin grafts. He just gave me a strage look..

Oh well, hopefully they will learn the easy way... but i'm afraid that many wont.. Shit I saw a bike instructor wearing shorts and a bright yellow vest over a tank top.. now thats a reaaaaaallly sensible way to teach riders.

Oh well.
            Will you insure me?!

Comment

I did a weekend trip to Augusta a few years ago with Trevor from mcnews.com.au .... it was hovering around 38 degrees the whole time but we both wore full leathers. It was never too hot, not even uncomfortable. It does become an issue in stop start city traffic, but I'd rather be hot than fry myself on the hot tarmac after a spill - not to mention the gravel rash :shock: .

Having said all that, it comes down to personal choice. At some point there is a balance between comfort (and therefore concentration levels - passive safety) and active safety. That's a personal decision for every rider to make on his/her own. I have, on occassions, done short runs in a T-shirt, boots, gloves and jeans...that's *my* personal minimum but I rarely ride like that if for no other reason than I get sunburnt easily.. Some people take things a little too far though, shorts and thongs are never sensible riding gear IMHO. Still, its their skin and if they have made their own judgement of the risks then who am I to question it? [/b]
              M o r g z

Comment

You count da bikers aswell dude?
                You have it all wrong bout the gear. These guys and gals are all wearing that new invisible,100% breathable, high airflow, low cost kevlar gear. It must be good cos there are tons of people using it.

It's great, if you crash it even shows what your flesh would look like after you have bitumen boogy boarded on the blacktop.

If yall want any it's goin cheap.
                Just contact : www.temp/oz.com.au
                If girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice, Then why do they taste like TUNA!!!!!

Comment

Hey bin reading a few of the posts and decided to post my first one.

Anyway........one of the lads wanted to ride my mates girls bike (hasnt got his own yet) but didnt have any gear so we decided to ride over to his place from North Perth to South Perth. We took the Mounts Bay road exit off the freeway travelling south for a bit of fun. Well my mate with no gear hit the bottom left hander and the front wash out, hit the kerb and become one with the pavement. Lucky no coming traffic.

Pretty ironic.....cause we were going to his place to get some gear...only on the road for 5 mins and vuala.

He came off lucky.....few gravel rashes and sore collar bone....as for the bike sore left side. :x :x
                  He who dies with the most toys WINS.

Comment

Firestorm.

You tend to see most people out an about during the day because it is what they do for work. travel from one place to the other. I travel alot to the different divisions of the company i work for. There are months that i do over 1000kms. during the day when you go from one location to the other, it does get hot out there. You have to have a good presentation when you rock up. If you rock up all sweaty and smelly what then?

Look don't get me wrong here. i use gear almost all the time. on days when it is hot, i just leave my jacket in the office and go out to the divisions and when i leave at the end of the day the jacket goes on.

Like it has been mentioned, it is all personal choice. We choose to go out and risk it. I at least use gloves and the helmet. (Touch wood) Thank God i haven't come off in the city yet.

Masda74
                    Masda74

Comment

Working...
                    X