Wanted: reviews of mesh riding pants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: reviews of mesh riding pants

I'm looking for mesh pants with CE armour for summer riding around the city. Something like this:

Tried the usual local bike shops, nobody seemed to have much beyond generic 4 season ADV gear. If I can't find anything local, I'll pick up a pair online but it seems bizarre that they're so hard to find given our hot summers.

If anyone is currently using mesh pants, what brand/model do you have and how are they holding up?
    Originally posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Have a look at RST adventure pants.

https://www.amawarehouse.com.au/rst-...nts-14831.html
    -

Comment

I have a Dainese warm weather mesh jacket, fantastic in summer. These pants are the "matching" bottom half:
      https://www.mcas.com.au/shop/item/da...black-pants-01
      I got the jacket at Helmet House, they may have the pants too.

Edit:
      The jacket mesh is quite coarse except where the armour is, although I guess the jacket would have better air flow than the pants.
      Last edited by 2Bigfeet; 07-01-2019, 09:54 PM. Reason: Photos added
      The older I get, the faster I was.
      2015 S1000XR
      2014 VStrom DL650

Comment

I can't imagine mesh/textile pants being cooler than jeans in summer. Any synthetic material would see you sweating and wetter than Micheal Jackson at a High5 concert before too long.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I had three pairs of Dririder air ride pants. First two fell apart within weeks and exchanged under warranty. The third pair my wife restitched over the poor quality stitching as I got sick of taking them back to exchange. They lasted nearly 2 years. I usually get 3-5 years out of textiles that aren't Dririder or RST.

I currently have Alpine star Sonoran mesh pants. They flow air really well. Definitely cooler than wearing draggin jeans though it depends on what you wear underneath. I usually wear my work strides, Bisley/king gee's type.

Generally, as long as you avoid the cheap and nasty junk that falls apart constantly such as Dririder, RST or Dririder, get something with decent mesh area, you should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
            I can't imagine mesh/textile pants being cooler than jeans in summer.
            My draggins do not flow any air at all, they are a swampy disaster the moment it's more than ~30 degrees out

And conecat, the only mesh pants I've seen so far were dririders, but the quality was so obviously bad that I didn't bother. I don't think they would withstand daily use, let alone a motorcycle crash.
            Originally posted by devolved
            I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Comment

Yeah fair enough, I do remember the Draggin Jeans were horrendous. Prison issue jeans with Kevlar padding did make for a moist crotch (and not in a good way) but there are so many option out there these days.

I've got a pair of Spidi jeans which are quite good and have removable armour, sadly they are about 1 size too big for me and would do more damage to me in the event of a crash than prevent.

As another mention above, wearing them over business attire would certainly discount most if not all jeans, not something I factored in.

Jump on fc-Moto.de and there are many options there.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Overlander adventure equip in Midvale deal with Klim gear. Expensive but you won’t need to buy again for a while. They don’t have much stock but can help with sizing and what you’re after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cringe at textile which usually means a ‘..lon’ of some sort.
                  I hate picking that out of road rash. It melts and burns in.
                  I had an experience, just a little one. Pleased it was only a small graze to the knee.

As a side note.
                  The first forest fire I fought the Forest Ranger got all us newbies lined up outside HQ and demanded us to show him our underwear. It surprised me, he didn’t look as he was the kinda bloke to have Lads underwear fetish.
                  It was nice to know he was actually concerned with our reproductive organs.
                  In those days ‘Scants’ were popular men’s undies and predominantly were made of more nylon than anything else.
                  In the heat of a fire, your denims survive quite well, but your Scants would melt and wrap around your gear like shrink wrapped meat.
                  We fought fires like Commandos.

Comment

shorts are the way for summer, then you can pick the sand & dirt out of your shins from the BGC trucks.. its like a exfoliating treatment sitting behind those things lol

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                      Yeah fair enough, I do remember the Draggin Jeans were horrendous. Prison issue jeans with Kevlar padding did make for a moist crotch (and not in a good way) but there are so many option out there these days.
                      That's surprising as I've been wearing Draggin's for years (on second pair) and I really feel the heat due to my size, while I find they are warm I've never really found them THAT bad Saying that I don't really wear them as straight dresswear I have them oversize and pull them over my trousers in winter or just my jocks in summer so there is plenty of room they aren't snug

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                      shorts are the way for summer, then you can pick the sand & dirt out of your shins from the BGC trucks.. its like a exfoliating treatment sitting behind those things lol
                      Ha ha I did that for many years when I first got my licence and have the scars to prove it but as I've gotten older I'm less likely to take the risk as I don't heal as quick
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I have a pair of draggin jeans for winter and a pair of Revit jeans for summer.
                        The draggins are heavy with thick Kevlar to the trouser cuff, sweaty sack in summer.
                        The Revit's are lighter weight with the Kevlar stopping at the knee. They have some metal thread through them that's meant to give a cooling effect but it's a load of wank, can only feel it when I want to warm up.
                        For both the CE rated pads are inserts, so move them when needed.

The draggins are in their 4th year and still going strong, back pockets are shabby. The revits look like new but are 2 years old. Both expensive but worth every cent.

For both suppliers I got in touch by email and haggled for a deal, got quite good discounts each time (15-20% from memory). Worth asking the question.

Comment

I just purchased some Moto-skiveez for a bit more comfort on long rides sitting on kevlar and/or textile.
                          -

Comment

Comment

^looks like he could give himself a blowjob.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X