Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you give in to your inner turmoil? (bike related)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood the concept behind "boring bike". How the fuck do you get bored riding a motorcycle? The traffic is trying to kill you, the roads are shit, the weathers all over the shop, still love doing it. I get the same giggles riding my Postie as I do my Hayabusa.

It doesn't matter [ to me anyway ] what you sit on, it's entirely up to the rider to determine the satisfaction level he gets from his/her ride. Why whinge about something you've purchased, can you not read? It's engine is this size, this much horsepower, weighs this much, do the maths and work out how "exciting" it is. Go for a test ride, not for you?, fine, try something else. But don't blame [ any ] bike for a lack of excitement, maybe look in the mirror and work out what's really dull after all....

Comment

Originally posted by Davidf View Post
      I've never understood the concept behind "boring bike". How the fuck do you get bored riding a motorcycle? The traffic is trying to kill you, the roads are shit, the weathers all over the shop, still love doing it. I get the same giggles riding my Postie as I do my Hayabusa.

It doesn't matter [ to me anyway ] what you sit on, it's entirely up to the rider to determine the satisfaction level he gets from his/her ride. Why whinge about something you've purchased, can you not read? It's engine is this size, this much horsepower, weighs this much, do the maths and work out how "exciting" it is. Go for a test ride, not for you?, fine, try something else. But don't blame [ any ] bike for a lack of excitement, maybe look in the mirror and work out what's really dull after all....
      Ride any Honda made after the early 90s if you want to know what a boring motorcycle is
      Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
        Ride any Honda made after the early 90s if you want to know what a boring motorcycle is
        Not riding it fast enough
        Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
          I think this is part of the problem. Years of mad riding, running, shit just loses its shine. Time to offroad for a while before setting more land speed records.
          yes, i am ignorant
          yes, i am a prick
          no, i don't care
          you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
            Yeah it's just the rider not able to handle it
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Cone Cat View Post
              Huh? Wha?

How can a single sided swing arm, Vee four with V-tec and Cross plane firing order bike be anything but cool?

Rock up alongside Ducati owners and watch them shrivel in embarassment at the sound of your Akrapovic slip on. (and your reliability).
              Get tired of people complimenting your bike at the petrol station, car park, work, traffic lights and anywhere you take it.
              Complain about wrist aches from waving back to all the girls who smile/wave/flash to a VFR rider.

Give up on fanging and being fast? Somebody forgot to tell this VFR rider that.

Start living. Start looking cool. Start having fun again on a bike. Get the VFR.
              While I respect the rider in the vid for mad knowledge and skill, it also showed what I mean by "boring" with the VFR. Watch this guys throttle use, it's either off or WOT, smashing it on everywhere. You can't do that with a 750+ sports bike, and an "exciting" bike like an old ZX10R woulda put you in hospital in under 1 minute (or worse) if ridden like that. As for the downshifts, the abuse as clutch is re-engaged with revs going to the top of the red on the clock, borderline taking the piss, and again, a less forgiving bike woulda spat him off with that sorta riding. But, skillz is skillz, it just seems with a vfr you can go quicker with less of them. YMMV
              yes, i am ignorant
              yes, i am a prick
              no, i don't care
              you make me sick

Comment

Well, it sounds like your in a right pickle there shortSteve.

Sports tourers or a naked are the usual step down from super sports, when the body gets a bit stiff and your willing to give up some of that powa/agility for some versaility. But looks like you've already tried that and have already owned some of the best of both genre's, ninja thou, Z1000, Z800 & GSXS.
                If they didn't suffice, then your in a right bloody pickle.

Why the need to give up the super sports? seating position/comfort? Some people fighter/modify their super sports, comfier seat, helibars etc. Or, go back to the Ninja thou and open up that donk. I've heard of people modifying the ECU/engine/etc to ZX-10 specs.

Then there are Kawasaki's two super sports tourers, HS SX & ZX-14r. No need for extra power, both have more than the average Super sports thou, but they are weighty beasts. ZX-14r can be put on a wee diet, or even the H2 SX on a diet if your loaded.

Honestly, I think you might be looking to modify something to suit you, or it's time to go test ride that VFR and give up.

Edit, oh I remembered something about GSX-S. Here, this might give you a semi. You could probably do this to the 1000f as well if you need a bit more tourey. Scenery can look good when it's really blurry, and at 45 degree's.

https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/ptr-...weapons-grade/
                Last edited by Cone Cat; 20-04-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Build your own
                  SV 1000 motor custom frame anyone ?
                  fuck mate , do what ever you want , its up to you
                  REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                  (anarchy in english )

Comment

The last version of the VFR750 is one of the ugliest bikes that Honda has produced, a bike that was originally introduced as a full-on sports bike in the 1980's has morphed into some sort of pipe & slippers offer that appeals to nobody. The double high level exhausts design are a legacy of Ducati's 916 & all that copied it.

But this one looks ugly as fuck.

Mate, if you have resorted to bikes like this, better off looking at something like a CB400f

Comment

Working...
                    X