just stripped and polished rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just stripped and polished rims

Wooooooohooooooooo, just finished stripping the paint on the outer race of me rims, damn looks good. Just got to let it dry now and then go for polish.
    Was suprised at how easy the paint came off. used citristrip from our friends, the enviromentalist (NOT) Bunnings. Brush it on, 20 mins later, wipe paint of with a rag. Ohhhhh, but damn it stings when on the skin.
    Just thought I would let ya know how I am spending one of the days on my holidays.
    Catch ya's later, polish time.
    I Love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they makes as they fly by......

nice work ..

and when ur done there ... can u do mine for me .. polished rims would look awesome on my bike
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I saw a Duke 748(I think) down at Cotteloe a couple of weeks ago with polished/chrome tri spoke rims, damn it looked hot. When you have finished post some pics so we can have a perve.
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

i would, but how the heck do ya post the pics here????????? Help please

Comment

woooooooops

Comment

:roll:

Go here *points down* and all is explained...

http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtop...opic.php?t=1610
            Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

DOn't looks too bad me thinks

(thanks for the help with postin photo's)

Comment

Lookin sweet...

Now all ya have to do is keep it that way...
                Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

yeah true, shouldn't be too bad though, got meself a buffer for the end of a drill, one course one soft, c/w buffing compound stick, works a treat, cheap as too. buffing wheel just the right size to fit on rim, with easy access.

Comment

That definately looks da shit dude good work!!
                    If girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice, Then why do they taste like TUNA!!!!!

Comment

Looks good dude, looks good. Did you take the wheels off the bike before polishing? If not how easy was to work on with the wheels on?
                      Fast, cheap & reliable ... pick any two.

Comment

Id spray the spokes silver so it looks like you polished them aswell...
                        that looks great CAD did it on his ninja, still thinking of doing mine....
                        Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                        Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

nice work there dude ..

they came up really well
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Great work dude!

Now clean that chain!!! - Just kidding.

How long did it take you to do it from start to finish?
                            If you can... you MUST!

Comment

from start to finish, ummm bout 6 hours. left the wheels on. makes it a bit harder to mask up the middle bit, a lot of ground work, crawling on stomach getting the line right, but once prep work done ( which takes longest) brushed on the good old CITRISTRIP ( available @ bunnings) and no shit 20 minutes later, wipe paint and undercoat of with a rag, no scrubbing, no scrappin ( except for near the tyre bead, used a scouring pad for that). Did the rims in thirds ( between spokes ) then just clean up with soapy water and then got out the Autosol.
                              Chain, yeah well, um i think i went a bit over board on the lube, damn it

Comment

Working...
                              X