Nightvision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightvision...

Me thinks we should all invest in nightvision setups for the helmets and go for a nide ride some day... man that would scare the shit out of people! :twisted:

(Just a random thought to pass the hours)
    The circus is calling...

Some day - or nite?? :?
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Good luck.

NVG's are two dimensional. Its very hard to get an accurate perception of depth of field. A substantial time wearing them and training in them will help you improve your perception skills but but if you plan to just wack a set on and try riding you will be hitting something not long after.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

hahahahah

firstly yeah... day meaning night.

But fuck it would be funny watchin a group of 20 bikes tryin to leave scabarough runnin up each others asses and all over the place.

Either way... it was just a day dream...

Deej your on Desert combat a bit arent ya? My brother plays on there and he found this website through you some how.

ANyway im off to work, 6pm - 6am... what a wonderful life...
        The circus is calling...

Comment

Good luck.

NVG's are two dimensional. Its very hard to get an accurate perception of depth of field. A substantial time wearing them and training in them will help you improve your perception skills but but if you plan to just wack a set on and try riding you will be hitting something not long after.
          Actually Deej, the One piece night vision is 2D but if you get the Driver set you have both monoculars and therefore you get 3D vision (the 2 piece driver headsets cost a little bit more tho)
          Spike

Comment

Namely $25,000 for a pair of ex-SAS night-vision goggles. A pair of them fell of the back of the truck for a mate of mine
            Damo

Comment

gixxer dude , i think your mate having you on ! NVGs are around 25 grand , but the SAS has never lost a pair ! FACT ! he may of picked up an old russian set , they tend to float around on the market and they are far inferior to modern NVGs. spikes right about the dual monoculars giving you a version of 3D , but as for riding a bike with em ....... it ain't a pretty sight !

Comment

...and we will take what Tex says as the authority on this one.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

has anyone seen the new generation 4 NVG ??(correct me if im worng tex ....) ive heard that its significantly better than than the old stuff... better light amplification and field depth ...
                  Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

hehehe if you think riding would be bad, try flying a Blackhawk less than 100ft off the ground at 140kts in through mountains and thick bush in pitch black with NVG's....... that'll close the sphinkter for at least a few weeks! :shock:

Comment

gen 4 at this stage is just a theroy , it won't be long until it's out, the problem at the moment is cost effectiveness in trying to cram so much into so little a container ! there is a new version of the gen 3 which is slightly better but it still works off the same theroy so it's still technically a gen 3.
                      Campo as for the blackhawk pilots .......Fuck Em, a pack of useless egotistical cowboys who should of stayed playing video games ! the helicopter does most of their work. with 2 pilots and 2 loadmasters all on state of the art NVGs they still manage to run into the helicopter next to them due to their fucking incompitance !

Comment

Wot he said.

Comment

must be a new gen 3 system we were discussing then ...

thanx dude ....
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

gixxer dude , i think your mate having you on ! NVGs are around 25 grand , but the SAS has never lost a pair ! FACT ! he may of picked up an old russian set , they tend to float around on the market and they are far inferior to modern NVGs. spikes right about the dual monoculars giving you a version of 3D , but as for riding a bike with em ....... it ain't a pretty sight !
                            But i DO know of a NVG set AND a NWS Falling off the back of HMAS SUCCESS......But I shal remain QUIET about the name of the STUPID WRAN who dropped them overboard............she didn't get charged or nothing.....

NVG ~ $25 000, NWS ~ $45 000.....correct me if I'm wrong Tex but I think i'm pretty close?
                            Spike

Comment

Campo as for the blackhawk pilots .......Fuck Em, a pack of useless egotistical cowboys who should of stayed playing video games ! the helicopter does most of their work. with 2 pilots and 2 loadmasters all on state of the art NVGs they still manage to run into the helicopter next to them due to their fucking incompitance !
                              hehehehe yup, a helo that does all the work! Don't I know it! 80% of Blackhawk accidents are pilot error, the other 20% is because the pilot hit the wrong friggin button!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X