Movie review: Torque *post with spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie review: Torque *post with spoilers*

normally i'm pretty open minded when i go to see a flick.

Especially when there is something like the fast and the furious (the first one) to set a precedent of tricks that you can do, and uses minimal CG effects when it comes to stunts - the basis is still on the vehicle as is.

Note for any movies like this - there is absolutely no point in going for the plot - face it your there to be wowed by stunts ...

quite frankly i think many of us have been spoilt with the likes LVX, and movies such as Mach 2 ... basically anything that is almost documentary like on bikes - because its real people, with real stunts ... and face it many of us aspire to do such things.

Torque was a demonstration of something that was probably directed by some chopstick who has never been on a bike, and never seen stunts without CG editing - which is pretty sad since there is such a variety out there.

The best parts about the movie - the soundtrack will probably get you revved up for a ride ... maybe even some of the actors might do it for you (even thought most of their abilities were lacking as well) ... it was certainly interesting to see a variety of farings on dirt bike chassis ... but that is probably the limits of this film ...

So if you ever intend on going to this movie, or renting it - take some dignity and don't ride your bike to view it ...

sorry to say but this movie was basically in a nutshell - crap ... and topped off with a pair of leathers that say carpe diem for a cherry!!
    I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Spoilsport

Hehehehhe
    Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
    Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

:roll:

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

thats half expected of the movie though and you would be stupid to think otherwise. It is very far fetched yes but at the end of the day it's still a better watch then biker boyz
        I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.

Comment

i'm wit u MJ!!

and i'd only rate it half a notch better than Biker Boyz.

Comment

the first 30 mins was almost believeable, but after that it just got worse, and worse, and worse. the bit that most non-bikers would probably think was the most unbelieveable in the movie was probably one of the few semi-serious bits. The gas turbine rolls royce bike actually exists, runs a 2 speed transmission weights something like 180 kg and has a projected top speed of 406 kph

Comment

well me and a large number of bike riders had a ball at the movie on Sunday, yeah it was a crap story and the stunts were unbelievable but what the fuck it was good for a laugh,And it was great to go there in a huge pack of bikes/riders/pillions......

Even Tourqe has to be better than the usual shit on TV on a sunday night.

Next crappy movie session --- count me in ))

Comment

Well...watching Torque on a Tuesday morning at 9.40am was pretty good seeing as how I was stuck at home with noffin to do. But Braxus said it all

It is very far fetched yes but at the end of the day it's still a better watch then biker boyz
                I had a laugh when the 2 chicks wheelied into each other from a stand still tho
                Damo

Comment

At least Biker Boyz was remotely believable

Lets go for a hack through the pines. :roll: :roll:

Comment

Copy that rossi.

How about u and me head on at high speed and then walk away!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Ok Ok, maybe it was a bit too far-fetched :!:
                      Damo

Comment

At least Biker Boyz was remotely believable

Lets go for a hack through the pines. :roll:  :roll:
                        I wouldn't know, coz i fell asleep

at least torque was watchable
                        2003 SV650S

Comment

Working...