Checking tire pressure at BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking tire pressure at BP

ok, this has been a problem for me for a while now, everytime i fill up at BP and go to check the tires, i spend about 5mins trying to get those new fandangle digital inflators onto the valve stem of the yammy, (im sure im damaging the thread) the old gauges were easy caus they were at right angles to the valve, but these seem the require sum manipulation to fit onto the valve... ne1 else having this struggle with em?
    "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

hmmm haven't tried it

but while on the topic, whats the right pressure ?
    sorry smoke
    Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

its all personal preference, takin into account the recommended tyre pressure... for the yammy i run 32 in the front 32 in the back. but there are heaps of different pressures ppl run... its all about what ur comfortable with mate...
      "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

Have also had problems at BP, I goto Gull on flinders st yokine, still have the old fashion setup. Got to watch those nice rims. Ive been putting in 40 at rear and 34 front.

Comment

Hot and cold tyres apparently makes a 4-6psi difference too.

But yes! Those darn hoses with a straight metal bit that you have to kink the hose to get it in between the brake disc and the centre piece of the rim. Annoying++
          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

yeh have (had) the same problem.

As for acuracy, I used to stick it 4 PSI higher than what i needed and then used an acurate portable guage that I hid under the seat to let air out until correct pressure.

As for teh manky fucking ridged fitting they have, I bought a cheap air compressor from Bunnings so I dont have to live with their crap fitting.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

yeh have (had) the same problem.

As for acuracy, I used to stick it 4 PSI higher than what i needed and then used an acurate portable guage that I hid under the seat to let air out until correct pressure.

As for teh manky fucking ridged fitting they have, I bought a cheap air compressor from Bunnings so I dont have to live with their crap fitting.
              Yeah was going to suggest that, I bought one and now I found a real use for my car The ciggy lighter port to inflate my bike tyres... LOL who said bikes and cars can't live together

Actually when u buy this "make ur car useful tool" DON't BUY the el el el chepo one.. just buy the el chepo one as the el el el chepo breaks quickly as I have found out.. Damn it I should have spent an extra $10 It still pumps air but the valve thing broke in half lol.. and I only used it 5 times
              Will you insure me?!

Comment

Hehe, is the $19.95 air compressor the el el el cheapo one?
                Damo

Comment

yes, yes it is
                  Is it blue? ahah

Next one up was like $32.. thats like the Rolls Royce of pumps
                  Will you insure me?!

Comment

As some of you did, I too bought a $100 compressor at bunnings ( not the 12v type ) A real compressor with tyre guage,spray bottle and degreasing gun and it was money well spent, Saves pissing around at the servo's with their dodgy conectors and meesing around trying to get the valve exposed,much easier at home....

Comment

Supercheap autos were selling air compressors for $5.50 or something stupid at around christmas. Bought one

doesn't have a gauge tho, so I bought a seperate one for about $5.00

coz it was so cheap I bought a battery charger too for about $30.00
                      so I can power the compressor with the charger

works ok, quality chinese plastic

Comment

As some of you did, I too bought a $100 compressor at bunnings
                        Yep i bought one to before Christmas GMC brand $99 + $30 for air gun degreasing gun tyre inflater and spray paint gun.

I now check my pressures twice a week instead of twice a year

Comment

Accuracy of Guages

How accurate are the guages.

I have done a study and test of most suburban 'brand' petrol stations.

I personally wouldn't trust the 'old fashioned' guages nearly every other petrol station still continues to use.

How many times do you think these guages are dropped on the ground. It doesn't take long for the accuracy to start to wain.

However the BP Petrol stations electronic guage which is housed inside the green box cannot be affected no matter what you do to the hose.

Yes I agree some of the BP Stations connections are awkward to use but anyone living northside the Currambine BP is pretty easy as it has the flexible green hose type on it.

I have howver done what most have on this topic and bought a decent compressor and guage.

Buying a cheap and nasty guage is like utlising a dropped Servo Guage. How accurate are the $5.00 guages people buy?

I purchased mine from the Snap on Dealer. Not cheap but at least I know what pressures I'm really running. Lifetime warranty to boot!

I use 36 and 42 for street riding. Lower pressures for track use.

Comment

I still dont know what my tyre pressure is .... :shock:

The shop fitted my tyre's and thats what the pressure is still
                            whatever they put in em hahahhhaahahaha....

I really should check em i suppose...
                            Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                            Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

I really should check em i suppose...
                              Good idea dude

Comment

Working...
                              X