Anyone here play guitar? Lookin for some music/tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here play guitar? Lookin for some music/tab

Hey all thought I'd see if I have any other common interests with people in here.

I've been playing classical guitar for 10 years or so now, just starting to get back into it after a couple year break and want to start moving onto rock/blues/jazz/folk .. well anything but classical for a change.

Olga.net has always been a favourite, but there's so much stuff, if anyone has some funky tab or tunes they could recommend I'd be real grateful! I need to hear the music before I play it too, do people use midi's for that or download mp3s of the songs if you dont have it on cd?

Cheers people
    mmmmm sacrilicious

Hey mastrmage

I too dabble with the guitar once in a while. Heres a couple of good tab sites I have found.

Good Aussie site http://www.ozmusic-central.com.au/oztabs/
    A bit of everything http://www.guitartabs.com/

But for the songs just use any of the big file sharring companies (kazaa, shareazza, edonkey etc) to grab the MP3s.

Comment

Cheers, yeah gotta get the net at home to do that downloading bit

edonkey? *laugh* never heard of that one!
      mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Hey Matt, i got an accoustic guitar ...

Cant play much on it though ... nothing actually can you teach me ??

Please
        Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
        Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Sure I can! The question is, can you learn? haha

Like I said, classical is my style - always has been. I can play riffs from metallica and stuff (one note at a time, oooooh hard!) and a few little codas from radio-type songs. So if you wanna be kurt cobain I'm not the man to come see but I can show you the foundations
          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Sweet mate might have to tee up something sometime

8)

Comment

I can occasionally pluck out a tune on the Martin & Co but I am a true amature.

It needs someone who knows how to play to play it.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I 'll have a dig around and see what I have in the bottom of the cupboard .. I used to have heaps of tapes and CDs with the music and the paper to go with them .... I played electric for about 8 years .. but in all honesty havent touched the thing in close 2 years now it just sits ion the corner of my room....... mite have to try that this weekend .. *mental note .. restring guitar*
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

We should get together and have a bash, I've got four or five guitars but no room at my house.. we should meet up in freo and take up that whole corner of Gino's and bash away on guitars one sunday arvo
                  mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

as long as i dont have to play anthing ... it will sound fine .. im almost scared to pick it up again as i know it will be shocking .. 2 years is a hell of a long time ..
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Always wanted to play Bass guitar, love the deep smooth sexy sound of a bass....

Comment

as long as i dont have to play anthing ... it will sound fine .. im almost scared to pick it up again as i know it will be shocking .. 2 years is a hell of a long time ..
                        U atleast gotta be better then me Hewie.....

We can mix the red dwarf and guitar session night together ???

Comment

Campo, are you a Barry White kinda guy at heart?

Hewie, to be honest, I stopped playing about 3 years ago. Been picking it up once a week for the last two months and it's surprising how much you can still play.. not really remember but it just flows without thinking. It's the old "like riding a bike" phrase. Weird.

Anyway sounds like a good idea, get maarks into the picture, fire up hewbs again and whoever else wants to come more the merrier hey I'd actually really like to see how so many different styles can come together too.
                          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Can I come?? My style is often refered to as "strangled cat"

Comment

strangled cat hey, we must have had the same teacher.

although i would really like to learn to play decently, if anyone is willing to teach me i can pay the with kfc
                              this looks more painful than being a mexicans ass sphincter

the doctor said i wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if i kept my finger out of there.

Comment

Working...
                              X