wat is a R class learners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wat is a R class learners

can anyone explain wat this is to me ... im new to all this im just used to Learners and Provisionals and full license

thankz

keh? well to do the r class test you need you r class learners permit :?
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

I think what you want to hear is this -

R class is the class which allows you to ride anybike - R class learners allows you to ride any bike over 250cc but must be accompanied by a rider who has a R class... :?

RE - is the same as R but restricts you to anthing upto a 250cc....

RN - will allow you to ride a 50cc scooter limited to 60km/h although a full car licence "C" class will automatically qualify you for a restricted 50cc scooter... :?

Hope this helps clear things up but instead it will probably confuse even more

Comment

R-E class = any motorcycle not exceeding 250cc (not including scooters)
        R class = any motorcycle unrestricted

you must hold a R-E class lic for at least 1 year before applying for an open motorcycle lic.

and of course...learner permits are required for both classes of lic as well as a pratcial test conducted by an instructor at the lic department

learner permits allow you to pratice and hone your skills for the required class on public roads under instructor supervision.

hope this clears up a few things for ya

Welcome aboard

Comment

dammit...Gordo beat me to it

Comment

so to ride any bike on my Ls wat do i have to do? and i have to ride with some1 ... wats that mean?

Comment

to ride any bike? on yer leaners? you will need to have held a R-E class lic for 1 year and have an instructor that has held a R class lic for at least 4 years

Comment

you can ride any size (unrestricted) if you are supervised and have you r-learners.

You can get you r learners AS SOON AS YOU PASS YOUR R-E TEST.

meaning once you pass you r-e (250cc limited) test. you can immediatly get your r (>250cc) and ride anything you want but you must be superviesd (person having held the lic for 4+ years) to do so legaly.

Once a year has passed of passing your r-e test. you can then so your r test. pass theat and your FREEE!!!!!!

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

DPI have all the info that's the lads have just said on the website too.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/mylicen...html#motorcycle

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/mylicen...vehicles.html#r
                  sigpic

Comment

You can get you r learners AS SOON AS YOU PASS YOUR R-E TEST
                    by test do u mean ur learners test (theory) ?? or the riding test (practical) ?

as far as i can see and have been told there is nothing stopping u getting ur r-e learners AND ur r learners on the same day... the requiement is that to hold the lic u have to have ridden for a year not to get the learners permit.
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I’m pretty sure you can only get the R learners once you have the R-E licence.

You CAN get it on the day you get your R-E……but since you have to have your R-E licence for 1 year, and the learners permit is only valid for a year, your permit will expire on the day you are finally eligible to sit the test.
                      sigpic

Comment

Umm....Why is the sky blue?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

have a look in the FAQ section

Comment

Just because Deej, just because.

Anyhoo I'm on my R-E learners, and this is really helpful. Thanks guys!
                            Also, anyone recommend any drving schools? Since track day I know which ones not to use... :roll:
                            Originally posted by vk6hgr
                            My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Just because Deej, just because.

Anyhoo I'm on my R-E learners, and this is really helpful. Thanks guys!
                              Also, anyone recommend any drving schools? Since track day I know which ones not to use... :roll:
                              Hey Daise,

I did my 250 lesson's with Wal from SMARTRIDER (Lathlain/Vic Park ph: 9470 6500 or 0402 115 533)

Good bloke and gave quite a discount to MRA members.

Oh yeah if you need access to a 250 you can hire a CB250 (snore) from the MRA for $25 a day. (Reason I joined MRA for a year)

Yes the CB250 will bore you to tears :cry: .....but it will get you a 250 licence very easily.

I had a big bike lesson with ALERT (coz Wal was booked out) and they were good too. Bayswater 9272 3311

I've never heard of anyone to avoid.

A few lessons would be good (so you know what the instructors will want to see) and then get as many hrs as you can tagging along with other riders.....but then you may need at least one more lesson to straighten you out again before the test.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X