• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of Jacket do you have?

Leather?

Textile?

Brand?

Colour?

Why did you buy it. what do you like about it/hate about it.

I have a Dririder Nordic II, its made outa mainly Kevlar, and its a black colour with dark green marking's (also has glow in the dark markings)
    Actually my girlfriend bought it for me for my 22nd b/day.. I love it bacause its hell warm...warmest jacket ive owned (has removable thermal interior)... and there is nuthing on the jacket that can scratch ya tank or such.. feels extremely safe (skid pad on back, body armour in shoulders and elbows)...extermely waterproof... BUT is bastard to get on and off... zip's, velcro, straps etc etc...and hour later... and very reasonably priced at around $400 depending on supplier.

Comment

WINTER: Dainese Cows Arse Leather
      SUMMER: Alpine Stars Cordura
      MIDDLE OF SUMMER: Ralph Lauren or Country Road 100% Cotton long sleave tee. (AKA Summer Leathers).

REASON: Cos you get wot u pay for in this world.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

hmm.. does that mean...big expensive jacket = big expensive fall?
        Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Forgot to answer the question.

I have a cheaper(as far as jackets go) AGV jacket that fits well, and matches the bike I'd just bought (Blue, white and black) quite well. Leather of course. It's what I could affort and was nice and tight without being restrictive. I see a lot of guys down scarbs with R-Jays/AlpineStar jackets that are at least 2 sizes to big, flopping around and hanging off them... kind of deffeats some of the 'protective' aspect of the jacket.

Comment

Mine is a $650 Rivet, Black leather jacket with that nice slid along the road type of look to it.

Comment

Chookie, dont just be our guest, be a member

Comment

My Jacket
                Specs are here:
                http://www.alpinestars.com/v2/products/rid...ttextilejkt.htm

It's a t-Stunt textile Jacket

Comment

I like that jacket, perhaps later on I should get a blue one *nods*

Comment

Sure thing, Very nice jacket.
                    Goes well with the bike, and I think the blue one is nice, if you have the Blue R1

I got RED since I'm on da RED6

Comment

i got a R-jays Daytona. its leather with armor inserts, back reflection/protection, spine protector, foam inserts etc etc. basically the top of hte line r-jays. heavy farker basically. is grey/black/white (same colour as my mates so i get shit for it but thats cause i couldnt b arsed waiting for a week for a diff colour). has air vent thingy's on your inner arms. sweat like a bitch in summer and warm in winter. u gotta wear minimum of a t-shirt underneath otherwise its 2 uncomfortable to wear.

Cost me $600 and i reckon its worth every cent cause a fortnight ago i took a fall at ~50km/hr (mental note b careful when doing wheelies showing of in front of your friends) and my upper body is fine. leather is just all scratched and a little chunked on the elbow/wrist.

Comment

Mine is cool.

Dririder Arctic Very Strong and Durable Kevlar pads etc etc etc

Comment

mine just a plain black R-jays that was chucked in with me first bike. has hit the black stuff with a little blue stuff twice the white stuff once and the brown stuff once and is still going strong.

Comment

AXO KR4 Textile, black/red/white
                            It comes with shoulder + elbow armour, zipper vents on shoulders and back. (works very well) and has removable lining. Looks sporty with some reflective stuff and logo.
                            I've tested this jacket doing a slide and tumble at 70km/h while still learning on my 2fiddy. This jacket saved me from a lot of pain.
                            Jacket survived quite well too, abrasions and small tears where it covered the armours, thus armours did the job too.

I'm picking up a pr of boots and 2pcs leathers this week to replace my current jacket.. will post on them..

Comment

I got 5 jackets, no im not rich, just bin ridin bikes 4 2 long :roll: From most favorite to most crappyest
                              No 1. Red, Grey Black Dainese Dryline
                              Nylon full Armour, had it 4 3 yrs 2 hot in Summer but warm and dry enough 4 winter. Bought it 4 $300 cheap as
                              No 2. Walden millar black summer leather jacket with minimal armor. perforations let water in 2 old cant remeber how much$
                              No 3. Older than me Red & Black Shoei jacket. think it was free
                              No 4. Purple Paddock Jacket, Bought it cheap in Thailand and has since been shredded (zip) was me fav cause it was minimal cover and cool but very little protection
                              No 5 black & grey No fear light nylon jacket. Crap as it offers no protection so the missus wears it mostly.
                              Got Shoei leather pants that Zip into Shoei jacket
                              1 pair of Rossi's
                              1 pair of rivet race boots
                              " " Mick Doohan Nankai Racing gloves
                              " " Cabon/kevlar race gloves
                              " " Cordua winter gloves
                              Now u know my whole wardrobe
                              Still like prefer 2 ride without above crap on
                              Wot r u wearin ? :oops:

Comment

Working...
                              X