Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draggin' Jeans put to the test last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggin' Jeans put to the test last night.

Well my mate's Draggin Geans got put to the test last night unfortunately.

He was heading down Albany Hwy at a tad over 60km/hr (75?) in Gosnells when some lady coming the other way turned thru a set of lights right in front of him. :x :x :evil:

Next thing is, lotsa breakin' & swearin' and then he and the bike went separate ways down the road. Both missing the car (which had now stopped in the middle of the road) and any hard objects thankfully.

Wore a hole thru the jacket and gloves but due to the Draggin Geans his arse and knee's still have all their skin on them, so now he swears by them.

Apparently he got back up, bent a few things back to somewhat where they should be, and carried on riding to the movies.
    (The lady in the car did a runner)

As for the bike....my old 250....**sniff**.... :cry: ..... well she's got a fair bit of gravel rash.

It's a shame she wasn't covered in draggin' geans.........
    sigpic

Good to hear your mate's ok Dugy! As for the draggin jeans, well I should go get myself a pair shouldn't i!

Good to hear the jeans came out so well!

Comment

:x :x @ stupud sheela drivers hiyuk

Good to hear you are ok, don't spose you got a rego or anything? Is there alot of damage to the bike? Some major intersections have cameras on them and if you chase it up you might be able to get a few quid out of her......maybe
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

good to year that your mate is ok, and that the draggin worked the way there supposed to.

i was crapping myslef when i read the topic, i thiought you'd hurt you baby. but thankfully not

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

I wasn't there. (I was supposed to be, got held up).

I haven't seen the bike.

Mike is waiting on a report from Midland Kawa.

The indicators & instrument housing are R.S.
          Steering is a bit out.
          Damage to the tank and radiator cowl.

A bloke at the scene told Mike that apparently the coucil has cameras on the intersection so he's going to give them a ring and see what he can find out.

Legally I dunno where it would stand (since they didn't collide) and if it would be possible to get money from her.

Would be nice though.

Anyone know the best way to get gouge marks out of the crankcase?
          sigpic

Comment

Apply liberaly
            1, Always look good
            2, Always know what you're doing
            3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

good to year that your mate is ok, and that the draggin worked the way there supposed to.

i was crapping myslef when i read the topic, i thiought you'd hurt you baby. but thankfully not
              Cheers.

Yeah my baby is ok.

Spewin I didn't was riding with him......maybe we'd have been more obvious.....but maybe it'd have been worse.

As Campo said, might go buy some Draggin' geans.
              sigpic

Comment

Apply liberaly
                Hahaha,

Cheers Ace, hopefully it won't come to that.

But probably.
                sigpic

Comment

Legally I dunno where it would stand (since they didn't collide) and if it would be possible to get money from her.
                  You don't have to come into contact to be responsible for an accident. If the driver performing the "turn in front of oncomming vehciles" caused your mate to loose control of the vehicle that's enough to deem her responsible.

Make sure he gets down and reports the matter to the police as a "hit and run" and advise the police in the report that the intersection is monitored by camera. Perhaps they can get the info for you.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Melkor,

I'll give him a call now and let him know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad yer mates OK duggy and good news on the Dragins.

Would be good if you able to take a photo and post on the forum how they held up.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

are they actually jeans :shock: how the hell does that provide any protection??

Comment

bad news on ya mate coming off
                          and good news on ya mate being ok

on a note of the jeans... anyone know what happened with spikes jeans when he came off -- didnt they melt through or something ?

DEZA are they actually jeans how the hell does that provide any protection??

they like some uber jeans made in naza that stop ya losing skin cos they withstand the ground lots (hope that helps till someone who knows what they on about answers)
                          Now my guns are blazin' Bloodclot i can see 360

Comment

are they actually jeans :shock: how the hell does that provide any protection??
                            They have Du-Pont Kevlar on the inside in the areas that count IE, kness, batty, hips.

If you want a pair, go see Chookie at Causeway Honda, tell him PSB sent ya.

Everyone should have a set befor they set their arse on a bike.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

draggin jeans

this is grant from draggin jeans...if you like to send the jeans back to me i`ll repair if necessary or i have special replacement deal...i use the story and checking over the jeans for product review and improvement purposes...go to faq`s at www.dragginjeans.com.au for address etc. glad to hear they worked again. ride safe, grant

Comment

Working...
                              X