Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to borrow/rent fairing for GSXR750 91!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to borrow/rent fairing for GSXR750 91!!!!

:cry: Behold my sad story. Coming down into turn at 80km/h Mr Skippy :twisted: decides to say hello from viisting his friend up the road and jumped from behind a wall. I braked and swerved to go up pathway but missed and hit kerb. Bike landed on its side and right front.

It gets worse. 3-4 minutes before this happened i was thinking to myself to go in tomorrow and get insurance. Unfortunatly skippy :twisted: had other plans.

Now I need to find someone 8) with middle front right hand side fairing and front of bike fairing for 1991 GSXR750 Orginal Colour (Blue and White). I would even be willing to rent these two parts and I only need it for 1/2 hour. Then I can go and full insure my bike and in the future if anything happens i am in the clear.

The damage is only cosmetic and even then not noticable from afar. The bike is perfectly fine.

WHO CAN HELP ME????? :?:

MUCH APPRECIATED
    ARIGATO GOZAIMASU
    SHUKRAN
    MIRSEE
    etc etc

Dhhham, dun that suck.

And wots worse is u didnt get a chance to beat the shit outa Skippies corpse!!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Believe it or not i did actually run after it. Also threw a rock i was pissed.
      Even as i was falling off i was looking at the damage to bike in slow motion.

SAD

Anyhow still need help.

Comment

I dont know that anyone else on the forum has an early 90's gix 7 fiddy. Anyone? Buelllerrr??? Anyone?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Sure, you can use my CBR 250 fairing.. oh but wait, mine is cracked aswell
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

hope this isn't a stupid question but...

do the insurance companies inspect your bike before insuring it? I thought it was all done over the phone?

I just had a pretty nasty prang last night and I was hoping I could insure it, wait a couple months and claim?

Comment

hope this isn't a stupid question but...

do the insurance companies inspect your bike before insuring it? I thought it was all done over the phone?

I just had a pretty nasty prang last night and I was hoping I could insure it, wait a couple months and claim?
              aLFa, yeh they do. They ask you to go to one of their agents ( a bike shop usually) so that they can inspect befor they will insure.

Its to stop people doing exactly wot you have just mentioned u wana do.

Best bet would be to find someone with the same bike as you and stick their fairing on, go get it inspected and then give them their fairing back.

Deej

Comment

Insurance companies differ.

Saying this i have found the cheapest for me to be Swann Insurance. However they inspect the bike before insurance. Others such as RAC don't inspect the bike and insure over the phone.

To give you an idea. Western QBE told me ~1100 for full insurance. RAC close to $800. Swann was told $536 full insurance.

As u can see Swann is cheaper by far but also has catches. Lump sum payment of insurance no monthly etc, preinsurance inspection, and if insurance renewal lapses they may refuse u insurance.

Now that thats that.
                How where etc can i get these fairings I NEED HELP.

Was told a repair bill of $1300. This is a lot at the moment.
                HELP

Comment

The above GUEST was me. Forgot to login.

Comment

cheers for the info deej.. might try find an insurance company that would do it over the phone. i think my repair bill is gonna be pretty steep. anyone got a RS125 i could borrow a fairing off?

Comment

Hey alfa
                      You can goto to 2 wheels wrecker and find my old bike..the right side fairing is mint, but it would look funny on ya bike since my fairin is yellow and black

Comment

Working...
                      X