Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Import

Has anyone shipped an imported bike from over east ??what does it cost
    shipping - $200 licencing- $300 .........is that it ...are thre any shops in perth I should talk to ??
    I am chasing a Honda SPADA ( same v2 as the vtr250 ) cant seem to find a good one round these parts ... any help would be great
    .. practice .. practice.. practice ..

Welcome to PSB ScottI

When I was looking at bikes in the East it was going to cost me about $600 to bring it across. And then what ever lic. costs on that.

Any particular reason why one of those bikes ??

The other way would be to ask Gary at Northside or Tim at Causeway to see if they can source one for you. Just another idea.
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I got my bike from over east. SImply because I couldn't find any 250 I liked here. Now for some figures I did actually find a bike, the km's were similar but the bike here looked like shit and it was selling for 6,990. I bought my bike cash for 5,500 but by the time it was on the road here it was 6,200. So I still saved some money but it's not as user friendly as you can imagine. But I can tell you when my dad drove me out to the truck loading zone and I saw my bike just waiting...my heart skipped a beat. It looked good, it ran well and i have never been happier with a second hand bike. But I got lucky so... just do your homework I do have a site that might help you out a little. http://www.importmc.com.au/bikes/index.htm I bought parts off these guys are they were great. So good luck.

Comment

Importing

If you are ready to move NOW I have a relative moving to WA from Sydney in the next two weeks. He is currently packing a 40 ft container and has some room.

Comment

that was quick . thanks for the ideas Hewie- I want a spada cause of the donk .. low revving .. lots of pull (250haha) I (just under 100kg )need to do lots of k's and I dont want to ride around at 9k. and the vtr is out of my wallet size twice what I woud pay for a spada. little staintune and Im happy,baby monster.
          Pepico -what kind of bike ? Dodgeyone - too soon but thanks

Comment

Yeh maybe it's just me, but the Spada looks a bit better than almost all of the other naked 250s too. Getting a bit old now though unfortunately. I think there was one in either the Quokka or Sunday Times' classifieds last week. Can't remember the price, around $4k I think?
            teh sig!

Comment

You'd be surprised but you can use the shipping as a bargaining tool from the east. My mate did that with his RS250.

Thing is though i think u have to run ya bike over the pits b4 ya doing nething when u get it.

Comment

some places ship australia wide for free. have a good look in the Australian motorcycle trader

Comment

I think Ive found someone who will get me a bike direct from Japland he is a import car dealer by trade he says hes got the contacts and some room in a container or two .. no commitment he'll bring it over get it licenced and give me first option on it ..cant really pass that up.. only down side is 6weeks till it arrives ..I ll let you know how it goes

Comment

Remember to factor in money for compliance if that's the route you want to take. No idea what it takes to comply bikes though ..
                    teh sig!

Comment

Remember to factor in money for compliance if that's the route you want to take. No idea what it takes to comply bikes though ..
                      You probably won't be able to comply a bike that is sold officially in Oz either...

Comment

Shouldnt have a problem he imports it he gets it licenced (complience plates )and I get first option to buy .. hes got 8 bikes at his shop already done (all bigguns ) the down side is he says he is restricted to importing bikes from 89-91 ..suits me fine ... the spada as far as I can tell was australian deivery for two years ...Eastern staters have hundreds of them so guess itll be ok .. cant see why though Ive heard the same thing ..
                        see how it goes..if he starts talking 50% down payment ..Im out .. :?

Comment

Shouldnt have a problem he imports it he gets it licenced (complience plates )and I get first option to buy .. hes got 8 bikes at his shop already done (all bigguns ) the down side is he says he is restricted to importing bikes from 89-91 ..suits me fine ... the spada as far as I can tell was australian deivery for two years ...Eastern staters have hundreds of them so guess itll be ok .. cant see why though Ive heard the same thing ..
                          see how it goes..if he starts talking 50% down payment ..Im out .. :?
                          I know I'm nit-picking, but! Compliance plates are different to licence plates. Spadas, AFAIK, can be complianced, but just keep in mind that compliance plates and licence plates are two very very different things!

Comment

K Ill watch out for that - cheers

Comment

hey scotti, i say go the spada. I moved over here about 3 months ago now from sydney and brought my spada with me, and have only seen 2 since ive been here. they are common over there and you can get a good used one for about $3000 but i haven't changed the rego over yet so don't know how much that will be.
                              it cost $675 from allwest transport door to door but the guy stuffed around alot and won't go with him again when i go back to get a bigger bike.
                              Ivan

Comment

Working...
                              X