Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending bike overseas

Hi all,

Going on a holiday to Europe soon (a biiiiiggg holiday) and wanted to ship my ZZR over later in the year, all being well with $$$ and a place to put it.

Does anyone have any experience in this regard, like cost, who to do it etc. Any info would be appreciated.

no idea Scoundrell, but it sounds like it would a great holiday...

Oh and don't ask Campo to recommend anyone :twisted:

Comment

there is a company out of perth that ships containers with bikes in it for about $2000 to the UK, but i just can't remember what they are called. give Kent removals a call, they brought back all my stuff from there and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

that is $2000 per bike in the container......... but at least that should be return

Comment

Don't discount hiring bikes - damned if I'd pay $2000 to ship my bike to the UK (if that's what it could cost), I'd rather rent one and forgo putting tons o' kays on mine.

http://www.raceways.net is one place that does it, though the only models you can ride out of the country (i.e. into Europe) are shaft-drives..

Comment

if you are going for the long haul, then $2000 is not much for having your bike there, although for a thousand pounds, there were some nice bikes in the MCN papers when we were over there. might be better buying one then selling before you leave to get some of the money back, if not most of it. i was very tempted to do this but then i wasted all the money on snowboard gear, cause that is soooooo useful in western australia..............

Comment

Buy one over there if you you gonna stay long enough ....

They r quite cheap , 636 kwakas are going for 4 k english....
            Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
            Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

yeah, but 4k pounds is still 10k aussie dollars.............

Comment

Alot easier to earn 4k pounds over there that it is to earn 10k Australian down here.
                teh sig!

Comment

depends what you are doing, here i can make 10k in 10 weeks being a shit kicker, but over there, unless you are qualified as something, then making 400 pounds a week clear is a lot harder. living costs are through the roof over there..............

funny how they have shitty weather over there and a lot more bikes per head of population, and we have such nice conditions, but so few ride........ utter madness :?

Comment

how long u heading off for ... if it is a extended period 6 - 12 months

you could borrow the cash from a AUS bank fixed interest for 3 yrs.

that means that ur paying about $675 AUD per year to maintain it. go over. buy bike. ride bike. sell bike.

on ur return. change the money back and return the majority to the bank leaving u with the short fall in purchase cost to sale cost to repay over the next three years. maybe 1-2k AUD say if that.

just a idea.

EDIT
                    As a After thought.

As I am not fully conversant with your particular financal position and goals the above can not be taken as personal advice. Please dont enter into a debt contract unless you are fully aware of the ramifications. Please consult you Financial Advisor.
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

depends what you are doing, here i can make 10k in 10 weeks being a shit kicker
                      WTF wat shitkicker job pays that much :roll: defently not mine?????????

Comment

then u've got the wrong job. i'll get 1.3k in the hand for this week. gotta love overtime

Comment

doing what ?

Comment

it's one of the very few benefits of living in the country. you can make shit loads and spend bugger all. I work for CBH. at the moment we are outloading wheat (into trains) If you get a 12hr sat, a 10hr sunday, 12 hr monday (night shift) and probably 10-11hr days for the rest of the week, almost all of it overtime then you can make a lot of money

Comment

fair enuff

i used to know one of the girls that did the grain classing for cbh.

Comment

Working...
                              X