Dual Compounds. Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Compounds. Any good?

I am fed up of replacing the tyres on my SV when the outside edges are still like new. I use my bike to commute, and end up wearing the centres out. Can anyone recomend a decent dual compoud tyre that is hard wearing in the middle, but would also be up to a track day. I have heard that Bridgestone 010 and 020 are dual compound. Any good? :?
    :-)

ive heard the mich pilot sports (for front) and mich pilot road (for rear) are a good dual compound tyre front is sticky for ya... and the rear has nice sticky sides.. but harder middle for those freeway runs :cry:

Comment

Re: Dual Compounds. Any good?

I am fed up of replacing the tyres on my SV when the outside edges are still like new. I use my bike to commute, and end up wearing the centres out. Can anyone recomend a decent dual compoud tyre that is hard wearing in the middle, but would also be up to a track day. I have heard that Bridgestone 010 and 020 are dual compound. Any good? :?
      dual compound tyres still won't solve your problem, since you'll still be wearing out the centre 1st, if you're only commuting that is.
      may be get race take-offs?
      :roll:

Comment

I don't just commute. I like to ride hard with the best of them, but most of my kms are done on the daily commute.

Comment

Tyres

Scooter,

Try a pair of Bridgestone 020's on the rear and use a 012 for the front.

Fronts don't wear out anywhere near as quick as the rear.

The 020 is a sports tourer. Harder in the middle so it lasts longer for upright riding but stickier on the edges for enhanced grip.

Kamal has this set up on his Blade and was very happy with wear and rideability.

Not perfect for the track but probably the best compromise.

Give us a call and I'll give you a price.

Comment

Re: Dual Compounds. Any good?

i got exac problem ..!!!

i was thinking touring tyre for road and spare set for track...

but im also looking at dual compunds.. im just trying to find the email witht the info.. also BB knows about good k tryes ..

Nick
            Love
            Nick :twisted:

Comment

Thanks guys, might go with the 020 on the back and save my worrn D208 for track use. Still got a few k's yet so will call in to causeway in a few weeks for a price.

Comment

i use a 020 on the rear and 012 on the front of my R1. if ya don't need shit loads of grip on the rear then it is a great tyre (i like a bit of slide anyways) i got +10,000k's out of my last rear before i smoked up the last 1000 on the floor...... look to the left for evidence. most of my k's are country, straight roads between perth and home, so they held up to the challenge comendably. u'll still wear the centers first but u should get heaps more out of them.

Anyways it worked well for me!

P.S i don't think the 010 is a dual compound, just a medium sport tyre

Comment

Working...
                X