off-road around perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off-road around perth?

Hey guys, dont suppose anyone knows of anywhere decent to be be cruising around in some bush or sand around the metro area? im hanging out for a bit of off-road action but dunno any good places where there wont be many peeps complaining about ripping up the bush. Im south of the river, so anywhere southish is cool, bit of a hike up north....
    why is stopping so important??

I'm SOR too but generally ride at the Gnangara Pine forrest. There is also a designated area at Red Hill (Toodyay Road) but is all gravel and it really cuts the tyres to shreads.
    I have heard about a place off Abernethy Road near the industrial area but I don't think its an official off-road area.
    Failing that, if you know of anyone who is a member at the Cockburn track they can normally get you in there.
    I too would like to know of any other areas SOR because I get tired of trailering the bike all the way to Gnangara! :?
    ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

depends on how south of the river you are. there's some really good areas out the back of byford (old WW2 airstrip) that are good for a thrash. :twisted:
      Originally posted by vk6hgr
      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Head down towards Spearwood and the old powerstation down that way. There'e plenty to play with there as well as just inland around Henderson. I always see 4WD's and trail bikes playin round there. If you want to travel for about 90 minutes, head to Tims Thicket just south of Mandurah, the sand dunes down there are pretty good and you don't get as many people there as you do in Lancelin.

Enjoy!

Comment

If you go down Abernethy road past welshpool rd(where all the industrial area is), i believe abernethy becomes Dunas rd?? correct me if i am wrong, but down that area behind the airport i know that there are some dunes that all these off road bikes go to. Normally on a Sunday they are there thrashing the bushes and dunes.
          Masda74

Comment

Head down towards Spearwood and the old powerstation down that way. There'e plenty to play with there as well as just inland around Henderson. I always see 4WD's and trail bikes playin round there. If you want to travel for about 90 minutes, head to Tims Thicket just south of Mandurah, the sand dunes down there are pretty good and you don't get as many people there as you do in Lancelin.

Enjoy!
            I can tell you now there is not much bush around here to ride in where you dont have the potential of getting busted. Henderson/Mt Brown is all fenced off now. Best places would be Kwinana off road area, out the back of the Spectacles in Kwinana (absolutely maaaaad fun in the mud) and p'rhaps the bush that is adjacent to Office road in Rockingham. With regards to the Office rd location, one must be wary of people in bunkie cars as the tracks are narrow and winding with lots of blind corners.

Comment

if ur up for a mission and a bloody good ride take your plate off and go for a blat thru thornlie up the bak of spencer villiage, head down the service line and from there u can get newhere from canningvale to kwinana, follow it the other way and u can get to midland, along the way theres heaps of places to stop and muck around on jumps etc.. if memory serves me right ull find a good little spot just off nicholson rd, near the south st lights... (thats if it hasnt been cleared for housing yet) but there used to be a 12 foot launch ramp that a few boys had setup... and sum great burms to play around on...
              "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah ,blah blah blah

Sorry can't concentrate Smokes avater got in the way.

Oh I'm north so I go to the end of Marmian ave and hit the dunes and the beach.

Comment

Working...
                X