Squeaky Boots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky Boots...

Ok this may seem like an odd question (stupid even!).

I recently purchased the Oxtar boots from the first PSB group buy, and while the boots are comfy and all, they tend to squeak incessantly. Does anyone know how to stop the infernal racket I create by just simply walking?
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Re: Squeaky Boots...

I recently purchased the Oxtar boots from the first PSB group buy, and while the boots are comfy and all, they tend to squeak incessantly. Does anyone know how to stop the infernal racket I create by just simply walking?
    chain lube?

Comment

dunno bout the oxtars but i got alpinestars smx plus boots and mine squeaked to high heaven. i just lifted the plastic bits back and sprayed the hell outa them with silicon spray..... no more squeaks.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Thanks, will give that a go.
        "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Comment

i still havnt picked mine up hope thier still thier

Comment

Just registering my squeaky Oxstars as well Elorian.

Cheers Firestorm for the info
            1, Always look good
            2, Always know what you're doing
            3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Re: Squeaky Boots...

try wearing my boots.you could call me a tap dancer.the toe plates tap away.it shits me but you have to put up with it.beats wearing runners. :roll:

Comment

I had this problem with my Sidi's as well, the squeek goes away after a while, try WD-40 or just wait till it chills out.

Comment

Yes, Yes mine Do it to ....

Must be all boots ....

I just wear them
                  Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                  Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

rub them down with dubbon.chookie sells a similar product( rossi leather boot wax)works a treat.repells water,softens the leather and will get rid of the squeaks if rubbed in the right spot

causeway honda 9361 6677

Comment

it seems to be on all boots regardless of brand or style. My Alpinestars do it too.

It does get better.... besides bet they dont squeak whilst your riding ?!?!
                      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

agreed, the squeeks eventually go away...
                        the only problem with the boots i have is that i have worned out about 12 toe sliders on my right foot, that's also swapping left one to the right.
                        I think alpinestar needs to come up with a thicker toeslider.
                        do oxstars also sell toeslider replacement?

Comment

time for some metal ones then, eh zip? then you can spark it up.....

Comment

lol my boot squeeeeks tooo

didn't it come with that lil bottle? that might be lubricant?

of some sort....
                            not sure.........
                            Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

Yeah, i got a bit of 'sqeeking' at first but it isnt to bad now.
                              Like Gankaz said, the boots came with a little bottle of some silca/liquid lube stuff to use on em. I havent tried using that stuff yet as my sqeeking isnt bad but id give that a go and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X